HQ Assassination

Tiger_Reyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a guy actually tell me he'd give me extra bragging rights if I killed his A0; I didn't think much of it as the game began...

It was a 15k-force city battle. He took GE, I took US.

I deployed 8 Sikorsky R-6 whirlybirds loaded with 1 sniper each. On the first turn 3 of them swooped in on the V-hex clusters and dropped off their assassins unnoticed. One actually crawled within 2 hexes of the V-cluster and remained unnoticed the entire game. 2 R-6's flew along the north and south map edges to scout the GE reserves in the rear.

It was then I remembered his taunt concerning his A0. Well, I might as well bring a sniper back there while I scout, who knows what I might find...

The two flanking copters came within visual range on the east edge of the map each finding no reserves!

Suddenly fire rang out on the loaded R-6 -- it was the A0 unit!

Whoops, somebody should of set their range to 0... :cool:

The loaded R-6 swooped in over an open grass section of the city block and the sniper slipped in to an adjacent building unnoticed...:smoke:

[See 69942929 below]​

Two more R-6's flew into visual range poised to swoop in and draw off all the A0's op-fire. They would be defenseless when the sniper struck!

Muwahahahaha! :devious:

VICTORY IS MINE, AAAAAAAAAAALLLL MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! :clown:

.​

Suddenly a loud voice came over the radio of the closest R-6:

"Return to base immediately, repeat return to base!. We've been hit by the infamous MBT Patch Bomb this engagement is terminated!"

WHAT!? :eek:

Oh well at least you have the screenshots so you can see what would of been anyway... :cry:

T_R​

Last edited: