HPS War Over Vietnam Update 1.02 Released

Compass Rose

Reaction score
HPS just released War Over Vietnam update 1.02.

The new update includes:

NOTE: Starting with this version, no CD-check is performed by the main program and all documentation is supported only in PDF format, available from the Help menu in each application.

Changes for War Over Vietnam 1.02
- Made Alternate Interface the only supported interface in this version.
- Add new Zoom-In View mode accessible via View Menu, "5" Hot Key, and mouse wheel scroll.
- Replaced Record in the interface with Save and moved Record to the right-click pop-up menu.
- Added "Can Fire High" ordnance attribute that allows non-high altitude aircraft and SAM sites to fire at high-flying aircraft.
- Change so that helicopters can only be refueled by prop aircraft and other helicopters.
- Change so that airbases, notably carriers, can be designated unknown and so must be spotted before they are visible.
- Added Cyber Pod load type that can be carried on aircraft (see Specialized Features in Users Manual).
- Split refueling and rearming parameters so that they can now be specified individually per side.

The update can be found here: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_ModernAirPower/up_MAP.ASP

-=DREADLORD=-

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I looking to purchase one of the two games in Modern Air Power and was wondering does the patch 1.02 bring WOV up to the same level of sophistication as WOM 1.01?

The information that is available is dated and reviews are limited to WOV 1.00 and WOM 1.00.

--E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just noticed the update. It really shows some promise! I put the game aside years ago for lacking any usable semblance of a mission planner. But this appears to have addressed that perceived lack within the game (as opposed to using the mission editor for what is the majority of a game in a vietnam airwar environment, IMO).

However, I cannot access the intermittant menu items on the far right. *ack*