HPS user OS Poll

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
All,

I've setup a poll on my private forums to gather feedback from people on what OS they are currently using (or plan to use soon), so please take a minute and vote. I have set it so you do not need to be registered on my forums to participate.

Please share this with all HPS gamers you know too...

http://hpssims.com.c7.previewyoursite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2955

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

Compass Rose

Reaction score
rahamy,

All this time and I never knew you had your own forum!!

I've always known about your site, though!!! :)

rahamy

Reaction score
I'm guessing more and more people will be moving to Windows 7 now that it is out - and appears much more stable and less of a system hog than Vista is. As long as people follow the Vista install instructions about avoiding the C:\Program Files folder & apply the updates off the HPS site then they should be fine with 7. I am running it myself and things appear to be ok.

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I'm guessing more and more people will be moving to Windows 7 now that it is out - and appears much more stable and less of a system hog than Vista is. As long as people follow the Vista install instructions about avoiding the C:\Program Files folder & apply the updates off the HPS site then they should be fine with 7. I am running it myself and things appear to be ok.
rahamy,

Did you get a new computer or just buy the OS?

rahamy

Reaction score
I built a new system and put XP 64-bit on it, but things were acting flaky and some of my stuff didn't work, so I bought 7 and did a clean install with that. There is no upgrade path from XP to 7 - you have to do a new install & migrate things over - so make sure and do a good backup before you start anything!

Compass Rose

Reaction score
There is no upgrade path from XP to 7 - you have to do a new install & migrate things over - so make sure and do a good backup before you start anything!

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware if that.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Better yet- do that- and get one of those USB portable HDs and just stash stuff on there ... then do a clean install (or just upgrade your internal HS to something bigger...) I go by the domino theory of upgrading :smoke: .