HPS Civil War series - current development/support?

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I was looking thru all the games of the Civil War series and what wonders me is that all the old HPS games have their last patch that really added/changed something from 2009 or before, the 2010/2011 patches seem just to add Mouse zoom and remove CD check.
I had expected to see at least some games with newer patches that really added/changed something just like it is with the Napoleon series.
So except for the Overland Campaign from JTS, does anyone know if there is any work done or planed on the other Civil War games?

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Big Duke,
Are you looking for any specific thing(s) to be changed ?
Any particular changes or additions that you think may be warranted ?

I don't have any horsepower here, just thought I'd lengthen the thread a bit.

Be well

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Nothing for now as I haven't even entered the series but I think about buying a title and so I would like to know how active the support still is, as all the HPS versions seem abandoned I think about buying Overland Campaign.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm a history fan, interested in both the American Civil War and Napoleonic Wars....and others.
As you try to determine which way to go, I would suggest checking out the After Action Reports...I'd suggest going in reverse date order. It would give you a chance to get the flavor of the games a bit.
There are add-ons from generous interested folks. I guess that the prime one would be the Old Banshee site for really good graphics.
For purchase, you could go to the JTS web site, of course. Also, there is the NWS Online Gaming Store. He doesn't carry the most recent Tiller titles...like Overland, but I haven't seen lower prices...and I've found him a pleasant guy to deal with.
Hang in there,
Old DOg

Last edited:

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HPS support is just as good as it used to be. The newest titles are only available from the John Tiller web site via digital download, but you can still download update files for the older games from the HPS website, just like you used to be able to.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
-Not to mention that all of the previously published titles from HPS are also available for download at the JTS site- meaning that all of these titles are fully supported.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just ordered HPS "Chancellorsville" on Amazon. Whenever I do that, my next stop is the HPS web site: http://www.hpssims.com/ for the most recent patch and any add-ons that may be there.
The most recent Chancellorsville update is version 102 dated 19 May 2011. The listing of improvements doesn't show a 'no CD patch'.
I thought I had seen something here that the whole series was being updated to include that.......maybe it was the Napoleonic series ???
At any rate, is there a 'no CD patch' on the horizon for Chancellorsville et al ?

Many thanks

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Sir.

"I can't find the key to the door !!!"
"It's open. Turn the door knob."

<sigh>

errare humanum est...big time.