Howdy from Western Canada

redscare

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Justin
Country
llCanada
Hi folks. I got my feet wet war gaming in my youth in the late 80s, early 90s. I have been away from it mostly since the but have been a very active player of the 18XX family of economic rail games for the past 10+ years and now I am getting back into war gaming this year.

I live in a rural area outside of Victoria BC and know that my opportunities to play face to face will be very minimal, so I wound up here because it seems to be the best place to look for opponents for online or email-based play. I have a lot of pbem experience and enjoy having a game or two on the go to occupy breaks at work.

JR

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Howdy!!

Hi folks. I got my feet wet war gaming in my youth in the late 80s, early 90s. I have been away from it mostly since the but have been a very active player of the 18XX family of economic rail games for the past 10+ years and now I am getting back into war gaming this year.

I live in a rural area outside of Victoria BC and know that my opportunities to play face to face will be very minimal, so I wound up here because it seems to be the best place to look for opponents for online or email-based play. I have a lot of pbem experience and enjoy having a game or two on the go to occupy breaks at work.

JR

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There is a thriving ASL scene in the Victoria and Vancouver area. George Kelln, the man behind Lone Canuck, is among them.