How would one run a VASL comp

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
To the OP. Currently preparing to do exactly this with the Nor'easter tournament for the exact same reason.
We are running all 5 rounds, at close to the normal time slots. Friday 10AM-4PM and 5PM until people finish. Saturday 10-5, 6 till you drop and Sunday 10AM till you drop. We only had to swap out two scenarios due to boards not being available on VASL.
Peter is right, reccomend all rooms stay locked. I am having our guys use the prefix NE in our rooms so I can find them easily. There's a bit more cat herding involved than "just do it". Of course I am recreating the entire tournament where you are just shooting for a single day. Makes life easier.

Normally, we start day rounds at 8AM, but being on the east coast of the US and drawing interest from all of the US, we had to lighten up the starting times. Twenty four participants. All games live and all players are slotted for round one, so we have a full house.
Not the 50 guys we normally have, but still an event.
Carl
Hi Carl

Thank you for the advice

Our will be over two days , the Sat and Sunday. Four scenarion in total.
Two each day
Probably starting at 9am till 2pm and the second one from 3pm until late

I think you guys are done... did you have any problems? or any further suggestions?

Thank you from downunder and keep healthy mate!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl

Thank you for the advice

Our will be over two days , the Sat and Sunday. Four scenarion in total.
Two each day
Probably starting at 9am till 2pm and the second one from 3pm until late

I think you guys are done... did you have any problems? or any further suggestions?

Thank you from downunder and keep healthy mate!
Not done yet. Most games are. Four games left including for second and third.
Five hours is very optimistic for a VASL game to complete. Individual player speed will vary widely.
I would give yourself more time. Being home, people can get distracted from the task at hand more readily.
Good luck,
Carl