How to win Sand and Blood (the Gavutu-Tanambogo campaign) as the American?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I take it you didn't read the SSR or G14.41...
I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to try to insult me. From the fact that I typed the SSR in (http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/gavutu-tanambogo-routing-back-to-the-boats.152710/) I have to conclude that it is you who is blithely not reading relevant material. I have quoted or cited a number of rules too, while your argument seems to be, "if I say it, it must be true." I don't see that you have anything useful to add here. Your houserule is interesting, but there is no way you could construct a conclusive rules argument that proves it starting with the phrase "until rallied" in the SSR.

JR

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to try to insult me.
Uhmm...I gave you back EXACTLY what you gave me..."I take it that's "no" to all questions."

Don't dish if you can't take...

I have to conclude that it is you who is blithely not reading relevant material. I have quoted or cited a number of rules too, while your argument seems to be, "if I say it, it must be true." I don't see that you have anything useful to add here. Your houserule is interesting, but there is no way you could construct a conclusive rules argument that proves it starting with the phrase "until rallied" in the SSR.
Given that it is an SSR (i.e., outside the normal rules) there is no way for either of us to conclude anything either way using "The Rules" alone.

However, using context, reason, deduction and common sense...I see it is pretty clear the intent was to allow broken marines (and accompanying leaders) to rout to and rally in the LC for this specific HASL/CG. None of the arguments I presented are "blithe"...they are just approaching the issue from a "keep it simple" point of view...looking to solve rather than pick every nit.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
There is a specific thread for this in the rules subboard! Why are you discussing this here? This was such a useful, constructive thread... :mad:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
One thing that was pointed out in some post (not by me, but I can't find now) is that an Observer can see through concealment if the enemy unit is in non-concealment terrain [C1.6]. If the Japanese set up a perimeter defense they have to avoid lots of hexes or face noba without needing to have their concealment stripped. Much of the two hilltops too are invitations for noba if the Japanese set up there.

JR