How to Unhide the Bottom Scroll Button

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using 6.6.2 and 3.5.7. How do I unhide the bottom scroll bar/button for left/right scrolling? I've unlocked the task bar, but the scroll button is still off the bottom of the screen. I've looked at settings and preferences, but can't find anything that helps.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have found that if the map is narrower than the screen width, the bottom scrollbar will disappear. Zoom the map until it is wider than the window. Plus, it may have something to do with the window setting. Assuming your running Windows, that is. Click the middle button in the top right corner of the window (not the - or the X but the one inbetween. Sometimes that may turn on/off the scrollbar. I don't know of any setting/preference within VASL/VASSAL that would help.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Using 6.6.2 and 3.5.7. How do I unhide the bottom scroll bar/button for left/right scrolling? I've unlocked the task bar, but the scroll button is still off the bottom of the screen. I've looked at settings and preferences, but can't find anything that helps.
You need to mention if you are using the Windows OS or the MacOS.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to mention if you are using the Windows OS or the MacOS.
Sorry, I'm using Windows. Previously I was able to adjust the display so the scroll bar appeared above the task bar, but now when I unpin the task bar so it slides down when not being used, only a very slim sliver of the scroll bar is visible.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry, I'm using Windows. Previously I was able to adjust the display so the scroll bar appeared above the task bar, but now when I unpin the task bar so it slides down when not being used, only a very slim sliver of the scroll bar is visible.
Try pulling the VASL window up just a bit. Click and hold in the bar at the top of the screen - where it shows the vassal/vasl versions. It is blue on my setup. Just drag it up a bit and it should reposition the whole window. Or try clicking the square button in that bar in the top right as I mentionned earlier.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try pulling the VASL window up just a bit. Click and hold in the bar at the top of the screen - where it shows the vassal/vasl versions. It is blue on my setup. Just drag it up a bit and it should reposition the whole window. Or try clicking the square button in that bar in the top right as I mentioned earlier.
Didn't see any space at the top of the screen, but when I moved the cursor to the top, I got the little up and down arrow indicator. I dragged it up as far as I could, and while I didn't see where the screen adjusted upward very much (if at all), the full left-right scroll bar now shows at the bottom (once the unpinned task bar disappears). Curious how that made the difference. Appreciate the assist.