How to report a CG result to the WHQ Ladder?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ToxicShock said:
I was wondering how to submit a Campaign Game (CG) result/endgame report to the WHQ Ladder since I am starting my 3rd one this week.
Good question, ToxicShock. I've just started my first CG and will be starting a second within a few weeks time.

To report a CG result, just use the usual "Submit a Game Report" form as follows:

Name of scenario: In this case, the name of the CG played. ie. Red Barricades CG III has the name "The Barrikady"
Turns scheduled: List the total number of turns played in the CG
Turns actually played: This should match the previous entry, since every turn scheduled is played in a CG
Additional remarks: Just note here that this was a CG to jog my memory

I know that some campaigns have individual scenario win/loss conditions, but these are intended to function within the CG rules, not determine who wins overall.

So in terms of the ladder, a CG is going to result in one Win/Loss decision. This will award the standard number of ratings points (it was one win) but a very large number of score points even for the loser due to the large number of turns played, since score is calculated as 8 points/turn for the winner and 2 points/turn for the loser.

Hope this helps clarify how things are working.

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
This is as good as any answer for now. be advised, we are in the process of planning a new ladder system and we may come up with a better way to deal with this.

ToxicShock

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jack said:
Which one Toxic Shock?
I will never forget when we played KP II and the game was decided on the last roll.
Let's see...flipping virtual pages.

I'm doing Edson's Ridge and setting up for 13SeptD, and KGP IV in 20PM bottom of turn 3, and am just starting up Line In The Sand (LitS) from J5.

KGP CG II was quite memorable. I don't think we could have played it any different to change the results. I would recommend it as a great newbie CG.

ToxicShock

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don Maddox said:
This is as good as any answer for now. be advised, we are in the process of planning a new ladder system and we may come up with a better way to deal with this.
I would like to suggest that the report has a switch for CGs whereby if it is activated the form would show a multiple scenario entry for each CG date, # of turns played and side won for that CG date.
I do not know if the software can be configured for each CG, but that would seem to be the ideal solution considering the way the matches are evaluated.

SeaLion

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How are campaigns done now? Is each day reported as a separate endgame?

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SeaLion said:
How are campaigns done now? Is each day reported as a separate endgame?
No, you report the entire campaign as one entry when it is completed. Note that campaigns now have a separate sub-ladder under ASL. The scoring mechanism will take into account that it is a campaign .... and you will be pleased with the points awarded!

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes, and one of the reasons we're doing it as a whole campaign rather than individual scenarios is you might often intentionally "lose" a scenario by keeping the bigger picture in mind. So win/loss is based on the overall campaign victory result, not the ebbs and flows that happen from scenario to scenario.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I would also like to point out that the two "ladders" we are referring to are part of a larger system. You can choose to view the WARS ASL campaign games as a ladder and you can also choose to view the scenarios only. Personally, I view the WARS ASL ladder with results from both types combined into a single report. To my mind, this is the true ASL ladder for Warfare HQ.

Keep experimenting with WARS and you will find it can do all sorts of neat things.