How to Ignore "Politics and Religion"?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Heya folks .. is there a way to NOT get updates from the "Politics and Religion" section when I press "NEW POSTS" up on the menu bar?

I can always ignore it mentally but is there a way to use the "NEW POSTS" command without seeing updates in that section?

I used to screen that out in my user defaults under the old version of GameSquad

Many thanks

Rgds Jack

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't use the new posts command at all.
When there are new posts in a thread, the thread title is in bold.
I always open GS in the ASL general folder, so I only see ASL content and where there are new threads and posts.
When I have visited most of the folders and threads which interest me, I use the "Mark forum read" option.
And I also have turned off email notifications and thus don't subscribe to any thread.
In my case, it helps me to select my postings and frees my email box of the flow of notifications.
Everybody has his way of dealing with the forum functionalities, so I am just trying to explain mine.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
New Posts is one of the new features I like best. It saves me the time of going into each sub-forum. When other forums like P&R clog New Posts, I pick one of the P&R posts, go in and Mark Forums Read. I also "watch threads" for anything important to me. The only thing I miss a little bit form the old forums is the daily email with a list of the new topics and updated topics.