How to become better at bridge and river crossings in ASL

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A96/ASL236 IN ROMMEL'S WAKE has the possibility of a bridge(s) already set for demolition and the possibility of a bridge(s) prepared for demolition before the enemy crossing units arrive on scene.
Checked this out today, well the CoD version. What an interesting scenario. I know I've played it but that was wbitd. Looks like a good one for learning bridge crossing and defense. Lots of variables. 🤗

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yup, played the heck out of it back in the SL days, I believe only once in the ASL remake back in the Annual version. A lot depends upon the French OB options he's given. As with a lot of the SL make-overs, it needs several playings to get a good feel for the scenario with so many variables offered.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One defensive tactic for the German in LCP Konigsberg CG that I found effective was to plave a HMG pillbox/bunker at the north end bridge exit hex, which held up any unsupported Russian infantry advance. The Russians eithe have to lay Smoke on the pillbox/bunker or break the manning crew inside the pillbox, then rush across the bridge to take it.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One thing to research is engineers also used smoke pots designed to create a large smoke cloud over the area to be crossed. Russians used them.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Create counters for smoke, pots, smoke generators etc.. they have been used well before WW1

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a SSR for adding a +# for LOS / Direct Fire and Indirect Fire would be a cleaner solution (just my 2 cents).
Similar to the LV Hindrance or Mist.

Last edited: