How old is the oldest ASLer who still plays?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yes..two tours of Bosnia.....a place and time that just keeps on giving and giving, landed in a helicopter at a small lake nick named "chipper lake" , it is not because it is a happy place...nope.. it is called that because thousands of men , women, and children were bruttally murdered with sledge hammers, clubs and fed into wood chippers...to this day, the sight, smells, the fact that not a single animal bird goes there, and just being there, everyone gets the heebiejeebies like your are being watched..I still can smell it......death... and it sticks to your cloths, hair everything,..sorry, if I triggered anyone..
the things that people will do to his fellow man cuz he was born a different color, or is a different religion, or just resides in a different country continues to astonish me. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you have to live with ever having experienced this.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
the things that people will do to his fellow man cuz he was born a different color, or is a different religion, or just resides in a different country continues to astonish me. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you have to live with ever having experienced this.
It sucks, but like most vets we go to places most sane people would never travel...so I guess we are the sacrificial carriers of the hurt, pain and horror to prevent the future generations from experiencing it.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It sucks, but like most vets we go to places most sane people would never travel...so I guess we are the sacrificial carriers of the hurt, pain and horror to prevent the future generations from experiencing it.
I believe there is a deep truth in what you say.

And this is why the veterans are due our thorough respect and support, which is, alas, all too often lacking.

Even if interested in war and conflicts, there is only a certain threshold up to which civilians are able to understand. And for that very reason, it is regularly the people who have not experienced war at the sharp end, who trigger the next one.

We need the veterans and listen to them to keep us sober.
They paid the price for us, so we damn better listen.

Thank you, @stuh42asl

von Marwitz

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I believe there is a deep truth in what you say.

And this is why the veterans are due our thorough respect and support, which is, alas, all too often lacking.

Even if interested in war and conflicts, there is only a certain threshold up to which civilians are able to understand. And for that very reason, it is regularly the people who have not experienced war at the sharp end, who trigger the next one.

We need the veterans and listen to them to keep us sober.
They paid the price for us, so we damn better listen.

Thank you, @stuh42asl

von Marwitz
your welcome... soon it will be Remembrance Day...everyone take some time to talk to a vet, do not push them, just ask them with kindness. You may be surprised to learn a thing or two and maybe gain some deep form of wisdom...Remember when walking thru hell do not stop, just keep going...there is a light at the end.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No active playing, just Solo on VASL.
Does designing ASL scenarios/projects count as an ASL'er?
That's a helluva lot more than what I do. I don't really consider myself active by any means. Still to rip off the Jarhead's slogan: Once an ASLer always an ASLer.

Btw love the Marines. Got well acquainted with them from all the times they searched my van going on the base.🙄