How old are you?

Hammer44

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damm Im not the oldest afterall

I stated Wargaming in 1968; and ws born in 1954.....a sad year for Frence Military accomplishments as I recall!

Hammer44

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Í´m 24 now, started SL 4 years ago, then turned to ASL. But before that I played Risk, Diplomacy, Warhammer 40k, lots of computer games like Civilisation 1-3, Colonisation, all kinds of Age of..., Panzer General 1, 2, 3, 3, Pacific General, Strike Force, and many more. Some time ago I searched my basement and found some old PC games and tried to install them on nowadays PC´s. I learned two things: One thing is, that games could be real fun with only 100 KB and second they looked way better the old days on a 386 with black and white monitor... :p Or are we just spoilt by the new computer games with their fantastic graphics or sound? But what really counts is the game idea. I remember a really old game I played on my C64 in 1985 or 1984. It was about the German paradrops and invasion of crete. Really good tactical game, but I can still almost completely remember the graphics, it was horrible and you could see every pixel. Yet it was one of the best wargaming experiences I remember.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don Maddox said:
I'm not sure if the group that frequents this "General Discussion" hotbed is really representative of Warfare HQ as a whole. I believe - and I could be way off - that many of our older members shy away from this forum. They tend to come here for the wargaming, not the political debates.
I have to agree with this assessment.

I was also 15 in 1985, and owned a C64 for several years by then.

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
well back in the days that i was a lurker [late 2002-beginning 2003] there was a kid that was 14orso.................cant recall his name