How Many Starter Kit Scenarios are There?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An example. While I don't play anymore I was taking an interest in certain rules debates, Platoon Movement was one of those. Bitd I decided to become very good at it and the rules for it. When the debate was going on there were references that I could not find in my 2nd edition rules. They were in another version of the 2nd RB. I was not aware of this. Hence I, and anyone else without that version, were not playing the same game as more up to date players.

This probably can't be avoided until the eASLRB is the only version used so everyone has the updates.
There are players with the 1st edition rules who never got the very first errata pages to the 1st edition. :(

Regardless, still the best game I ever played.
Amen, brother.

Even if it's evolution did not follow the original intended path.
What path was this?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
There are players with the 1st edition rules who never got the very first errata pages to the 1st edition. :(

Amen, brother.

What path was this?
The warpath. 😉😘

Still working on the lyrics for " Along Comes Perry ". 🤣

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sometimes there are pressing matters that must be attended to. 🙄

I am a non stop working machine compared to the youngsters who occasionally show up.

If aliens want to take over the planet all they have to do is disable the youngsters' thumbs. The kids would be surrendering faster than you can say Ci Arrendiamo.
Welcome to the "Old Geezers Club" where our motto is "It was uphill both ways!":whistle:🤣

Warbear

Reaction score
First name
Ernst
Country
llGermany
15 years before I started with SK, one year later I started with full ASL.
So far I've played about 800 scenarios (ASLSK + ASL).
Actually I'm still playing ASLSK with friends who don't want to switch, and full ASL with other friends who are experienced ASL players.

So I would like to see more SK scenarios and more SK packs, since I've already played nearly all of them (incl. third party).

Last edited:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll continue to buy ASLSK, as long as scenario designers continue to use ASLSK boards for ASL scenarios.
You never know when one [ASLSK board] will be needed.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
you can choose not to play those scenarios tho... however if you feel "forced" to play them you have a few choices. A) buy the board from MMP OR 2) buy the board from someone selling it OR C) buy the ASL SK product containing said board OR just buy everything ASL/SK in the off chance someone, somewhere, someday will make a scenario you might feel compelled to play despite your every desire to not play it OR just get rid of your ASL stuff cuz of the analness of some people :eek:🆒🥳😝;)
Yeah, but...

...first to throw some obscuring SMOKE: Watsis bout dat OR, AND AND/OR, XOR discussion again? ;)
...then to admit the embarassing truth: I can't help wanting a complete kit, thus I can only be helped by making less necessary for a complete kit. 🤷‍♂️

von Marwitz

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah, but...

...first to throw some obscuring SMOKE: Watsis bout dat OR, AND AND/OR, XOR discussion again? ;)
...then to admit the embarassing truth: I can't help wanting a complete kit, thus I can only be helped by making less necessary for a complete kit. 🤷‍♂️

von Marwitz
same here 😭

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never did see the need for special ASLSK boards in the 1st place. If buildings don't have multiple levels in ASLSK, so be it, they can just ignore printed stairwells as they already do for inherent stairwells. Also there are several "ASL" boards that only include level "0" and level 1 terrain already and the inclusion of ASLSK boards into regular ASL packs or modules would have been welcomed anyway without having to buy the boards separately or purchase the module that they'll probablly never play (or at least very seldom). I'm also quite confident that a dumbed down explanation of walls and hull down could be incorporated into ASLSK as hedges are already introduced and are similar in nature. At least I've never had a problem explaining it it basic effects to newer players that wished to dip into "ASL light" to try out a scenario or two with the knowledge they've picked up so far.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I never did see the need for special ASLSK boards in the 1st place. If buildings don't have multiple levels in ASLSK, so be it, they can just ignore printed stairwells as they already do for inherent stairwells. Also there are several "ASL" boards that only include level "0" and level 1 terrain already and the inclusion of ASLSK boards into regular ASL packs or modules would have been welcomed anyway without having to buy the boards separately or purchase the module that they'll probablly never play (or at least very seldom). I'm also quite confident that a dumbed down explanation of walls and hull down could be incorporated into ASLSK as hedges are already introduced and are similar in nature. At least I've never had a problem explaining it it basic effects to newer players that wished to dip into "ASL light" to try out a scenario or two with the knowledge they've picked up so far.
Although Fish did say " I don't play walls and I don't play hedges." Of course at that point he didn't play at all!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am mostly interested in playing full ASL, but I will play SK scenarios, mostly as a way to get more players into the system.

And I don't know how many ASL scenarios use the SK boards, but I am very happy with the fact that a player who buys the SK system, and then tries to move on to the full game, doesn't have to throw away his boards and counters: they're already the real thing, and perfectly usable for full ASL scenarios. If it means that "ASL only" players will have to get the occasional single board to be able to play their (already too large) scenario collection, I think that's an acceptable evil.

(Using ASL boards for SK scenarios is typically more difficult, as they will often have terrain that is just undefined in the SK system)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AFIK, there are only a few ASL scenarios that require ASLSK boards. But some designers may decide to use ASLSK boards exclusively
for ASL scenarios. That's why I buy ASLSK whenever it becomes available.

lt_steiner

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How Many Starter Kit Scenarios are There?
  • Official mmp SK scenarios : 93 + 1 CG
  • Unofficial SK scenarios : 71 available from TPP, magazines, on public websites. This number takes into account the 10-scenarios from next Rally Point #19, but does not take into account scenarios available from fans on facebook.
ASL scenario archive lists 171 scenarios but updated scenarios from ASLSK Expansion Pack #1 2nd edition are counted as new scenarios.

PNMarkW2

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
  • Official mmp SK scenarios : 93 + 1 CG
  • Unofficial SK scenarios : 71 available from TPP, magazines, on public websites. This number takes into account the 10-scenarios from next Rally Point #19, but does not take into account scenarios available from fans on facebook.
ASL scenario archive lists 171 scenarios but updated scenarios from ASLSK Expansion Pack #1 2nd edition are counted as new scenarios.
Thank you for the great answer, and it shows I have some holes in my collection.

Of course the real answer is "Not enough!" :LOL:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the great answer, and it shows I have some holes in my collection.

Of course the real answer is "Not enough!" :LOL:
Well if you are looking for more scenarios than you could ever play there is this game called ASL.😉

Lol good gunnin to you no matter what form of Squad Leader you play.