how many scenarios do you own?

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a question that has many parts to it. First off, I was hoping you folks could tell me how many ASL scenarios do you own? (and I do not mean scenarios that you have played, but own) Second, how many are AH/MMP scenarios? Third, how many 3rd party scenarios? Fourth, how many are too many scenarios? Now I really would like straight answers to all four questions and not have this thread be a running gag. I have been into ASL for a couple months shy of a year, so I want to hear from you more seasoned shall we say ASL'ers. I look forward to the replies.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hundreds, probably/possibly in the low thousands. Probably 2/3 from AH/MMP. "Too many" = "Looking at my pile of scenarios and thinking I had better uses for the money". I've been playing stuff since the early 90's and am not there yet. Although I am more judicious in my purchases these days.

For as much money as one can sink into this hobby, IMO my investment has been totally worth it. YMMV.

Good luck asking people to not joke around. The people like to have fun.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
This is a question that has many parts to it. First off, I was hoping you folks could tell me how many ASL scenarios do you own? (and I do not mean scenarios that you have played, but own)
According to the Scenario Archive I own 1967 scenarios.

Second, how many are AH/MMP scenarios?
I estimate half are MMP/AH scenarios.

Third, how many 3rd party scenarios?
The other half.

Fourth, how many are too many scenarios?
A googolplex amount.

Now I really would like straight answers to all four questions and not have this thread be a running gag. I have been into ASL for a couple months shy of a year, so I want to hear from you more seasoned shall we say ASL'ers. I look forward to the replies.
With neutron stars and black holes bending rays of light, what is 'straight' in physics? Is everything in a state of acceleration?

What type of 'seasoned' ASL'ers are you looking for, peppered or salted?

Hope I answered you questions and didn't get too gagging. ;)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Currently up-to-date on AH/MMP scenarios (that's in the 1000+ number), not so much concerning the TPPs.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Now I really would like straight answers to all four questions and not have this thread be a running gag.
How many "R"s in "Fat Chance"?

I got no time time to gather them all in one place, much less count'em, or sort'em.

Doesn't anybody screen these questions?

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all the official AH/MMP scenarios and a butt load of TPP scenarios, more than I'll ever play, and that's too many. IMO

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
according to ASL Scenario Archive I have 6855 scenarios so it's somewhere around that many

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hay Psycho I see in your profile that your Location is rectum.
I'd say it dam near killed'em
actually live in Hammond at mom's for the past couple of years now. I'm still near Baton Rouge & plan on staying down here till the day the grim reaper comes for me :eek:🤪🥳🆒

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Archive says:
Owns: 3269 Scenarios
Played: 678 (566 unique scenarios: 17%)
It has no plays from before I joined the Archive in 2009.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
1 Currently just over 5700
2 Not sure...But I have all MMP/AH products, so as many as they have made.
3 The rest!
4 No such thing as too many. Will I play them all? No. But I have a lot of options.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Hundreds but I don't have any count or spreadsheet (other than for my collection of DASL scenarios).
2/3. I would guess half are official. Good scenarios come from many different publishers.
4. No there are not too many scenarios. KInd of like there are not enough remakes of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice or Emma. Even though it seems Stalingrad has been done to death, there's always room for more good scenarios in the setting. I'm sure fans of night, PTO, Korea, desert, etc would love to see more in their theatres of operation.

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I must say, I am impressed with the replies and how many ASL'ers have scenarios in the thousands. I have yet to reach over 100 and that is why I put up this thread. I thought I might being going overboard. I see that I have a long way to go. Keep the thread going.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This is a question that has many parts to it. First off, I was hoping you folks could tell me how many ASL scenarios do you own? (and I do not mean scenarios that you have played, but own) Second, how many are AH/MMP scenarios? Third, how many 3rd party scenarios? Fourth, how many are too many scenarios?
Question 1:
3441 scenarios per the ASL Scenario Archive. This is the number I own as originals.
I have more from tournaments as BW copies and many more electronically - I don't know the number of those.

Question 2:
Pretty much everything that MMP/AH has published except a few that came in the old General Magazines (I think these are free for download somewhere, so I might well have these as well), and in 'Operation Specials' magazine, and some updated versions which were possibly part of some republished core modules (like HL 2nd, or DB 2nd).

Question 3:
Roughly the difference between 'all' MMP and 3440 scenarios.

Question 4:
There are never too many.
It will be impossible for me to play all I have. It would be even more impossible to play all there is. But having more that you can play allows you to pick the best ones.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
How would you know it's a best one until you have played it? Several times.

Lol just being a disputaious jick! However what I consider one of the best is more than likely not what many modern players would consider the best. After all Fish and I both liked Agony of Doom as the Russians and would A 26.4 the balance.

We viewed things from a different perspective.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
ROAR / the ASL Scenario Archive and the ratings found there at least give a hint.

von Marwitz
That's what I thought would be the answer. 😉

Try Agony of Doom as the Russians giving the Germans balance. Just go balls to the wall and see what happens.

Glad to see you are back on a more regular basis. I missed you and Hesso. (?)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I played and owned pretty much all the AH scenarios through 1994. Probably a hundred or two. Played a couple thousand or so games of those, maybe 2500 to 3000 so obviously played them multiple times.