How many scenarios are there?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the Crete thread it was mentioned there were @ 71 scenarios about that battle. I'll admit that seems like a lot to me as bitd there weren't 71 total scenarios. So how many scenarios approximately, are available to today's players? Published, TPP, solitaire, all theaters, pre and post WWII and any others I have overlooked.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A lot. :D

Sorry; I could not resist.
That's what I thought too! Just trying to figure out how long to play all the scenarios. How many scenarios do you play a year? 100? At one a week would take 71 weeks just to play all the Crete scenarios. Captain Bacchus and I just engaging in some thought experiments.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
All published scenarios, about 8000, maybe 9000 now.

Probably about 100 to 200 scenarios published each year, so eight to twenty per month, as a ball park figure.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
All published scenarios, about 8000, maybe 9000 now.

Probably about 100 to 200 scenarios published each year, so eight to twenty per month, as a ball park figure.
I was way underestimating, thought maybe 3000 or so. Thanks!!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Not really sure what to make of this. Obviously more scenarios than could be played in a lifetime.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Including DBMAUSV2 = The Mighty Maus Version 2, we now have 155 scenarios published in Dispatches from the Bunker and have 4 more soon to be published in #50, due out in late September or October. Time flies since we first started with 2 scenarios in #01 back in 1997.

If interested in them, they are all available at aslbunker@aol.com

See complete details in the ASL Emporium link.

Me and Tom Morin used to play all published scenario back in the 80s and into the 90s, that was then, way too many available to play them all now but plenty of variety for whatever floats your boat.

Be safe and well and have a good weekend everyone, Vic. :)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I'm afraid your task, like that of King Sisyphus, is likely unachievable. I truly admire your ambition though. Good luck!
Good luck indeed, just the thought of tackling the combined giant scenario from Red Factories is a daunting task,
but what a way to spend your hobby time, though still an impossible task, Vic.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Good luck indeed, just the thought of tackling the combined giant scenario from Red Factories is a daunting task,
but what a way to spend your hobby time, though still an impossible task, Vic.
It would be a remarkable achievement just to play all the scenarios from one theater.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Over 9000, but a lot of them are rehashed , rehashes of Reprinted stuff from CH, some converted from other producers and the likes

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Over 9000, but a lot of them are rehashed , rehashes of Reprinted stuff from CH, some converted from other producers and the likes
What would you estimate as the percentage that are either reprints, rehashed CH and conversions/ errata updated of the total number published, 20%, 33%?

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
33% would definitely be too high. I think even 10% is too high. Maybe 5%. That would be 400 out of 8,000.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
33% would definitely be too high. I think even 10% is too high. Maybe 5%. That would be 400 out of 8,000.
You're not even in the same city as the ball park!

I have been compiling the CoW scenario file for easily over the past 10-15 years. I am not totally up to date on a bit of the 2020 releases (and a couple from 2019) and there are over 8500 scenarios so far. Of these 8500+, almost 3,000 have seen multiple prints and quite a bit of these are CH rehashes.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland

I have been compiling the CoW scenario file for easily over the past 10-15 years. I am not totally up to date on a bit of the 2020 releases (and a couple from 2019) and there are over 8500 scenarios so far. Of these 8500+, almost 3,000 have seen multiple prints and quite a bit of these are CH rehashes.
How many out of those 8500 are CH scenarios?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Nice!

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
How many out of those 8500 are CH scenarios?
How many of the total scenarios are from CH or how many of the revised, rehashed, reprinted scenarios are from CH, which question is it? (I ask because the topic has split somewhat along that axis.)

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
How many of the total scenarios are from CH or how many of the revised, rehashed, reprinted scenarios are from CH, which question is it? (I ask because the topic has split somewhat along that axis.)
I meant the total of all.