Votes: 5 13.9%
  • don't know, the doctors drug me too much, or Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Just interested in knowing how many games the regular WHQ TOAW player has going simultaneously. I have 5; two GiO, two DnO, two Italy, as I said 6 games. ;)

Funny thing is, sometimes 2 games are too much, RL is killing you, and then a day later you want more, even 6 games isn't enough. Admittedly I am late in replying in one of those :eek:

Last edited:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Currently, 12 active - (here, at the Blitz and one at RD), with various rates of fire : from 3 turns a day to one a month. I also have a couple of ongoing games in which my opponents... poooof, just disappeared

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I put more then 8 but not all of them are TOAW games. Only have 2 of them that are really active with another two that I would call inactive. One each is on the Blitz ladder and the Rugged Defense ladder. Also have games going in the NWC, ACWGC, CCC, SPWAW and UV ladders at Blitz, and 2 Combat Mission games here. It keeps me hopping. Some days everyone sends me a file and some days only get two or three. Oops, forgot the 3 PzC games at the Blitz too. :nuts:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
3 games: 1 DNO, 1 FitE, 1 Braunschweig and an idle GiO (therefor not counting).

I am thinking about starting a CMBB game, but probably won't :)

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
At now except Scenario designing, I 'm and I was busy those last weeks with

Kharkov 42 Revised with viridomaros
Kharkov 42 Revised with foggy
France 14 with Felix
2 Week in Normandy with Siberian HEAT, then we move to Europe Aflame
Tannenberg with 06 Maestro
Second Battle For France with Raver

Voila voila

Der WanderPlayer:)

Wolfdreamer

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Currently 11 : 3 Combat Mission and 8 Toaw-Cow of which 1 Italy, 1 Korea 50-51, 2 Warsaw Pact vs Nato(Red Thunder88 and 1979 Next War) 2 North African Campaign, 1 Fall Grau and 1 Race for Tunis.

(Per aspera ad astra) ;)

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My high point is 14, but I'm down to 5 now.
RL really cuts into the fun time doesn't it??

Cmdr_Vessery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got 4 total, Korea50-51, Keiv41, Balkans41, and the Multiplayer DnO.. And yes, RL does sometimes take the driver seat away from TOAW among other distractions.

~Vessery

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Barabarossa tactical @ 7k vs Viridomaros
Italian Campaign vs Dickie Bertha
FITE Nordic vs Kraut
EA 3.0 vs Keef
Kursk vs Bdr.Mallette

and 3 more where oppopnents have disappeared

Last edited:

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Polynike,

Hey, I am guessing I am one that disappeared.
I have been waiting for a turn for over a week now.
I din't say anything cuz I got used to waiting for a while.
No worries, I would like to conclude the kursk match very soon though. It is turn 16 for you right now.
I should be in Kursk by turn 18.
We could end now with a quick surrender of all Soviet forces in the surrounding area. I cannot forsee a counter-attack with any real threat to my positions.

I'm still here man, just waiting and being patient.
LOL!!!
Bdr.Mallette :cool:

Last edited:

Foggy

Reaction score
DNO multiplayer, Fall Grau, Kharkov42 Revised, GIO & 3 different playtests :D
oops forgot Braunschweig :cheeky:

Last edited:

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Roundup 43 as Germans
Roundup 43 as Allies
Fall Weiss 39 as Germans
Korea 50-51 as North Koreans
Wintergewitter (Southern Dandy, you out there?) as Germans
2 weeks in Normandy (Darren, you out there?) as Allies

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
I said 6-8 games, but it varies enormously, I may have 8 games going and not have a turn to play so I take on another game for something to do - next thing I know is I have 9 turns to play :nuts: and I let people down :dead: I don't think there is a perfect balance.

cumminspuller

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am new to all this, you may have seen my post about these games you guys play and how interesting and fun this seems to be. Reading on here and waiting for TOAW:COW to arrive via UPS, the language of this thread seems all Greek to me. Hopefully I will soon find the heiroglyphics code book and make sense of all this. But anyway, keep up the discussions so I have something to read.........

Jason

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
cumminspuller said:
... the language of this thread seems all Greek to me.
Here are some explanations:

DnO = Drang nach Osten, a massive scenario about Operation Barbarossa, the german attack on the soviet union in 1941, 10km/hex, 3,5 days/turn and roughly 2000 units/side, 70 turns in legth from Jun 1941 - Feb. 1942 and a very dynamic gameplay (forcing the soviets to evacuate their factories will reduce their production output)!

GiO = Götterdämmerung im Osten, Operation Bagration, the soviet offensive in 1944 that shattered AGC and finnally brought the soviets to the gates of berlin, a massive scenario with 10km/hex, roughly 2000 units/side, lasting 100 turns up to may 1945 with a very dynamic gameplay (reduction of german production after the soviet capturing of important cities)

Braunschweig: The german Operations Braunschweig and Edelweiss, commonly known als Case Blue, the german 1942 offensive that brought them deep into the caucasus and into Stalingrad, again a very dynamic scenario, offering a historcal and a what-if version, 5km/hex

EA = Europe Aflame, a scenario trying to emulate the entire WW2, startin 1939 and ending 1945, at 50km/hex the game has an ideal mix between playability and complexibility, many played games and a constant evolution result in an nearly perfectly balanced and playable scenario, lots of fun and reasonable time to do a turn this ist THE beer&pretzel WW2 scenario

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It seems four games could be some typical value, based on 31 votes... (haven't calculated this though, poll settings were clumsy, who was the idiot that posted the poll anyway)...

Perhaps more interesting would be to know how much time we spend playing TOAW, or don't we want to know this!!! :surprise:

Ah imagine all that time spent instead on working on something to improve our kind! :devil:

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Got about 16 going at the moment though .... including some CMAK games just for a change.