How many 'encircled' counters in the game?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question for the armory geeks:

How many 'encircled' markers came with Beyond Valor? Did any come with other core modules or official HASLs?

Thanks

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure about your kits, but when I play all my counters are encircled.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
We do need more of this counter. People seem to forget to mark units with this counter a lot. Especially in upper level buildings.
Per A7.7, an encirclement counter is placed only if the unit is encircled by fire. A7.72 says that a unit is considered encircled if it can't trace a path to the ground but does not call for the placement of an encirclement counter. It sounds like you are placing illegal encirclement counters.

JR

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per A7.7, an encirclement counter is placed only if the unit is encircled by fire. A7.72 says that a unit is considered encircled if it can't trace a path to the ground but does not call for the placement of an encirclement counter. It sounds like you are placing illegal encirclement counters.

JR
I always teach new players that placement of admin counter always improves play. So in this case I do place the counters to remember and apply the restrictions of being encircled. The extra +1 on fire and the movement doubling has a big affect on play. Without the counter you tend to forget the affect.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

JR
Illegal, if one forgets that the counter was placed to indicate upper level encirclement - which can be annoying if the circumstances of that encirclement are void, which frees the units from the encirclement penalties, whereas encirclement due to fire continues even when the firing units have gone away.
One could imagine that a TPP could provide "Upper level encriclement" counters, which would help enforce the encirclement penalties, but which would remove any ambiguity of the origin of those penalties...