How Many ASL Starter Kits are There?

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SK1 Infantry. SK2 Guns. SK3 Armor. SK4 All Three in the PTO. SKEP1 (2nd Ed.) Brings in more Russians, Italians, Allied Minors, adds Axis Minors. SKEP2 Adds Chinese to the PTO. Decision at Elst is a campaign game featuring Brits v. Germans and introduces simplified OBA.

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Adding to what Jwil2020 stated, there is also the Bonus Packs #1 and 2, adding more maps and scenarios.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Adding to what Jwil2020 stated, there is also the Bonus Packs #1 and 2, adding more maps and scenarios.
IIRC, there was only one BP, which is now OOP. However, those three scenarios and map were revised and are now included in SKEP1 2nd. Edition which superseded SKEP1 1st ed., also OOP. Unlike SKEP1 2nd ed., the 1st edition was actually a standalone game which came with all the boards and counters needed to play just like the first three Starter Kits. The SKEP1 2nd ed. requires ownership of SK1,2, and 3.

Here is the link to MMP's page which will list all that is currently offered for the SK line:
ASL Starter Kit : Multi-Man Publishing (mmpgamers.com)

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
There is BP#2, still on sale with Scenarios S82-S89 and boards i and j.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is BP#2, still on sale with Scenarios S82-S89 and boards i and j.
Ah yes. I got that mixed up with Expansion Pack 2. To recap: to date MMP has published four standalone SK 1-4; two EPs (EP1 is in its 2nd ed.) AND two Bonus Packs (BP1- Beyond the Beaches- is OOP but is now included in EP1 2nd edition).
Of all the SK products so far published Bonus Pack 2 is the only one that does not come with OOB counters- only the two maps and the eight scenarios you correctly point out.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, there was only one BP, which is now OOP. However, those three scenarios and map were revised and are now included in SKEP1 2nd. Edition which superseded SKEP1 1st ed., also OOP. Unlike SKEP1 2nd ed., the 1st edition was actually a standalone game which came with all the boards and counters needed to play just like the first three Starter Kits. The SKEP1 2nd ed. requires ownership of SK1,2, and 3.

Here is the link to MMP's page which will list all that is currently offered for the SK line:
ASL Starter Kit : Multi-Man Publishing (mmpgamers.com)
The content of ASL Starter Kit Bonus Pack #1 "Beyond the Beaches" was incorporated into the SKEP1 2Ed release, with some of the scenarios being rebalanced and errata incorporated into the new printing. And, as noted already, the 2Ed SKEP 1 is no longer a stand-alone product.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the 2Ed SKEP 1 is no longer a stand-alone product.
Correct, that was what I was alluding to. When SKEP1 1st ed. was still available, there were some who advocated skipping all the SKs1-3 and just buying EP1 (1st ed.) because the "game comes with everything you need to play except the dice." (From the back cover of the EP1). When MMP republished EP1 as a 2nd ed. they eliminated the counters duplicated in the previous SKs 1-4. Thus, "Unlike the earlier version, however, this game does not come with everything you need to play." (From back cover).

I own both editions, although I had to purchase the 1st edition from an aftermarket seller.