How exited are you about the Korean War module?

How excited are you about the Korean War module?

• Total voters

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
New maps, new nationalities, new toys, anything that officially expands ASL's reach is a no questions automatic buy.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Gave it a 9.

Might have been a 10 except I have some familiarity with it.

I think people will be quite surprised and then we'll be wondering what all the negative waves were all about.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I gave it a "3". I will definitely buy it, because it's an official MMP ASL product. Purchasing it has never even been a question. The specific question was, however, "am I looking forward to it?". No, not really. I just have little specific interest in the Korean War. Will the scenarios be fun etc.? I certainly hope so -- since I am going to buy it, I'd like to see it get some play.

To put it another way: if this was not an official MMP ASL product, I wouldn't even contemplate buying it.

mooreshawnm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10! I have been hard pressed not to get the CH one I want this theater badly. Hills! Rice! Americans shooting communists as god intended! (Studied it in college, did two tours and my 3 children are half Korean...hurry up! :) )

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very excited. AoO level of excitement.

I think the ASL system is a good fit for Korea.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10! I have been hard pressed not to get the CH one I want this theater badly. Hills! Rice! Americans shooting communists as god intended! (Studied it in college, did two tours and my 3 children are half Korean...hurry up! :) )
Yup, kill'n a commie for mommy, what's not to like!
I'll really be interested to see what some of those early war scenarios are going to be like, units bugging out before a shot being fired or simply melting away at the first shot. I sure hope someone does a few scenarios that really streatch your control and task your abilities to keep a fighting foce in action as well as delving on the heroic actions.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no zero option. The 1 implies I have enough interest to realize I am not interested. I will probably not buy it although I may get the boards. If I decide to buy it, I definitely won't punch it or put it into Raaco's. Zero desire to see this. -- jim
???

As I stated in the first sentence, "1 is the worst and you are not interested at all." Not sure if anyone can be more specific than that?!?!

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I wouldn't call myself "exited," but I certainly am eager to see the module - terrain, nationalities, equipment, scenarios and all.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not interested at all. I understand YMMV on this question, thought.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
???

As I stated in the first sentence, "1 is the worst and you are not interested at all." Not sure if anyone can be more specific that that?!?!
I want something equal to zero :) I have zero interest. The genre does not interest me. The era does not interest me. The subject does not interest me. Putting a 1 next to it implies > 0. -- jim (Lighten up Francis, have a little fun with it)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't think I have seen a lot of polls on Gamesquad which aren't criticised, with "inspectors of the finished work" chiming in to explain what questions are lacking, what detail should have been taken care of.
An OCD type behaviour which matches some ASL players' profile, possibly .

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1 as there was no zero, ASL is IMHO WWII, not Korean war era, even though a lot of the wep systems were late WWII era. does not interest me. Would of preferred to see some more OOP stuff brought back into print earlier.
I understand you have no interest.

Just for the historical record of ASL.

In the first edition rules, which I don't have any more, in the intro pages there was already then a blocked off chapter section, and letter code, for Korea. They knew back then the system extended beyond WWII.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I understand you have no interest.

Just for the historical record of ASL.

In the first edition rules, which I don't have any more, in the intro pages there was already then a blocked off chapter section, and letter code, for Korea. They knew back then the system extended beyond WWII.
And that is all good and well, and I hope that when it comes out those who are into the Korean war era love it, I just can not get my head around ASL outside of WWII. And it would of been nice to see OoP stuff that folk need/want reprinted but hey, there we go.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Missing the big armor clashes are we clickity-clank???
Your Gloucs at the Imjin is epic stuff.
Maybe in time you will come around.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As an aside, the light bars on the poll results are nearly unreadable. WTH?