How does the new DRM work?

Pandur

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
i looked around and read bunch of stuff on the SES site but it did not clearly answer my one question that is->

i have version 1.0.8.2 running now, with the once a week internet connection restriction. it askes me for an update every time it launches but i do "not" update.

now, when i do the update i cant roll back for obvious reasons, so will the game still work after the update or do i need to install this steam like SES programm in order for the game to work again?

i got a nice campaign game going on and i surely dont want to break the game or the save by updating the game.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it should work. They have so many issues though, it still may be a crap shoot.

Just make sure you go offline mode. That eliminates having to go to the server each start up. As we saw recently, you can't trust the servers to be running all the time.

Pandur

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
i have taken the leap and updated. was easier then i thought with the update includeing the stormpowered programm and whatnot. no manual install at all.
is there any downside to offline mode? i take it i dont get updates so i better switch to online mode once a week to check for updates or or would that work?

and in case of my campain, i figured bevor i play more houers into the campain that was at early march and more or less won(british++, playing as the germans) and hitting a quirk later on would be worse then restarting right after the patch process.
so i am at 7th jannuray now and already glad i started a new, MN prince eugene sunk by u booats, harwich force taken out and everything channel east of dover i can consider mine after 7 days in command. yesterday i was still manually hunting merchants, today a little text pops up telling me i cought a merchant, how convinient. same goes for the torpedo and mine hits. glad i did patch up after a long time.

thanks for reasureing me to take the leap, now i am off to send the 4 german BC´s and 3 zepp´s AMC raiding. this gona be fun :D

EDIT.:

by the way you know if the good old bug is fixed where it would display british++ when it meant german++? i mean the victory thingy you can read out in strat map.
i started the new campain and it said german++!?!? now by that i think its still the old behaviour where it means the opposite? can you confirm this?

Last edited:

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think it was fixed. SES has gone dead silent over the three or so months.

No downside to offline mode except you can't play on another computer. It will still get updates in offline mode.

Pandur

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
I don't think it was fixed. SES has gone dead silent over the three or so months.
hm, i will see, i have a feeling that it could be fixed, not sure, i have to watch the victory indicator some more, i am only at the end of january in the campain.
also, switched to offline mode now, thanks for the tip.

i see this forum here is gone pretty quiet. since when? since the SES official forums opened up? i think about creating an account there... .