How do you like to organize your vehicle counters?

How do you like to organize your Vehicle counters?

• Total voters

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty easy to find what you need.
View attachment 7640
Suggestion....

Too much Green Ric. It jams the view of the actual item. I would turn what you have as white...into green...and what is green into white. The color will now jump to the eye...presently "the field color" jams the item....esp. in the smallest font text.

Note your scheme does work better on your Finn / Allied Minor scheme. Maybe in the USA, you turn white to black? Also you gain some* level of consistency...if you care about those things (OCD), Weir will mark your kit down a mark or two on this...don't worry I never show my homework to Weir I would fail. I get your USA color scheme is like the "stars' on vehicles...green background with white stars.... Another option is to make the green much closer to OD...deepen it.

Also you have committed the service branch faux pas of using "USA" which can mean US Army...when you have USMC vehicles in this line up...never mind "French Tanks Carrier <cough Carriers>" ...that should be at least "Free French...."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Fuel type (diesel, gas, other), number of machine guns, red/black CS/cs, slope of glacis armor from vertical (radians).

JR

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ll just put them all in a bag labeled ‘JRV’ so when I go to a tournament he can dig them out.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use planos, the ones with 47 compartments.

Since I do use them to travel, each nationality gets one plano.

Vehicles are by gun caliber, FTs, MA MGs, armored, unarmored.

This allows squad types across the top, HS below in the second row and several bins to group Guns by caliber size.

Advantages are that locating infantry is a breeze. Putting counters away is very easy.

One disadvantage is that multiple AFVs occupy a bin (two bins for 75L German AFVs) and pregame setup takes more time for AFVs.

Also with the all BFP (and other) variant AFVs, SW..., I needed to put the variant german counters in a separate plano tray.

The method I would change if starting over would be the AFVs in small envelopes. That would allow two nationalities in one 47 compartmnt Plano/Art Bin.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
As a reminder, there may be value in the ”1 BGB” method ... I.e., One Big Giant Baggie ... ?
The variation of this method that I use is just to leave AFV on the countersheets until required to play. I leave all those countersheets in my BV box. In the planos, I keep them in one bin until it gets full, then I usually break them into two (halftracks and tanks) and sometimes 3 (no turret, turret, halftrack) as I play more scenarios with that nationality. Can use the same pattern for guns, too.

All of which assumes you acquire your counters in countersheet form, of course.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Surprised that fewer people don't sort by MP! At one point I sorted by type (i.e., tanks, then halftracks, etc), but the problem is that the counter sheet doesn't show this information, at least for MMP-style black-and-white images. So if I'm not familiar with the vehicle, and I don't know if it is a halftrack or a car or a truck, I have to look in multiple places. Much easier to focus on a single number that is on every counter. I prefer it to the MA because I don't like separating AAMG-equipped Jeeps, etc, from the unarmed ones. (Yes, I know that there are vehicles that have different MP on the front and back, but I sort by the front, and I have yet to come across a scenario that gives you the trailerless version of the vehicle in the OB, so it hasn't bit me yet).

Of course, you run into the problem that 99% of German vehicles have 13 MP, so I sort alphabetically by name after that.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By vehicle note number. Inside the Raaco, I have a map where everything is with its MAVN. If the vehicle number is in red then I need to go to Chapter H since it is complicated. On the back of the map sheet are all the MAVN. This means for most scenarios I can find the counters quickly and know all the notes without trotting off to Chapter H. Really helps when you are at a tournament and don't want to waste time.
Steve

MAVN on the back side of the counter map:

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use custom Raaco storage trays that are 3D printed.
One Cell in the array for each individual vehicle. The guns are stored the same way.
All the Russian, US, Chinese, French, and Finns go in one 3High Raaco storage tray (3 total trays for all veh and ordance in the system including BFP 3rd party counters).

Attachments

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am intrigued by this 3D-printed stuff.

It allows to store more counter types per tray:

3D: 24x 5/8"
A75: 20x 5/8"
A78: 18x 5/8"

Labelling the slots will be (yet) more difficult compared to conventional RAACO, though.
On the other hand, there will be less, more precisely no counter shifting.
The 3D prints should be improved, though by adding slots for pincer retrieval for the four corner positions.

And prices need to drop considerably before making a transition becomes viable for a whole kit.

von Marwitz

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've gone alpha-numeric. If scenario cards had the vehicle note number, I'd definitely would sort that way

Also agree with von Marwitz about 3D printing: great possibilities for capacity and convenience, but still costly (from what I've seen).

Attachments

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use custom Raaco storage trays that are 3D printed.
One Cell in the array for each individual vehicle. The guns are stored the same way.
All the Russian, US, Chinese, French, and Finns go in one 3High Raaco storage tray (3 total trays for all veh and ordance in the system including BFP 3rd party counters).
Stan, I shed a tear when I see how people have run faster and farther with my idea!
Makes me so proud and happy.