how disgusting this forum is!

Headshot

Reaction score
Look at this forum. There is no discusion. Look at the TOAW forums, unstopable. Is it that everyone who plays SPWaW is dead, or does noone care anymore. There is lots of room in this forum for discussion, and there isnt any. I think that due to the fact that this forum is dead, we either need some conversation or we need to shut it down. Whenever i open IE and click on hte WHQ link, the SPWaW forum always taunts me. Then I see that the last post made was by me from 2 weeks ago. SPWaW is an exciting game, atleast in my view, and I think that there is more than plenty to be talked about. Perphaps I am alone in this opinion. For a free game, there arent may players.:eek:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Combat Leader is near on the horizon and I think that system is going to be the biggest wargame hit since the Campaign Series. That should certainly generate some interest here at Warfare HQ. We do have plans to fully support the system with a ladder and the whole 9 yards.

Headshot

Reaction score
its not out yet, But www.matrixgames.com has lots of info. Sorry about not paying attention to anything that you said John Paul. I guess it comes from reading some of your opinions in general discussion.:p

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well excuse me for breathing the same friggin air as you,and remember opinions are like a certain orifice..everyones got one;)
Not combat leader but SPWAW was what i was curious about.thanks though.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Our plan was to create a combined SPWaW/Combat Leader ladder. We still have plans to do that, but we had a hell of a time trying to recruit a high quality staff member for that section. The SPWaW community is quite large, but all my posts went unanswered.

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It could be that a lot of folks don't know of this forum too, I stumbled across it one day!! The forum over at Matrix is pretty steady, but even has it's down times, the one over at the Blitz is equally as slow, compared to the CS one. Most likely everyone is just too busy PLAYING WAW to get out to the forums!!:D

Stauffenberg

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes I wondered, and now I know.

Hey at least I padded out this section with another message.

D.;)

Last edited:

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by John Paul

Not combat leader but SPWAW was what i was curious about.thanks though.
Did you find out where to download this then? It's a very hefty file-size, think around 700mb or so, but if you can still buy a megacampaign, the game would be on there also.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Warhorse

Did you find out where to download this then? It's a very hefty file-size, think around 700mb or so, but if you can still buy a megacampaign, the game would be on there also.
Yeah i did.The File i saw was about 490 megs,unless your talking about all the other downloads that go with it.First i would have to install more memory before i could download.Hmm,that is an interesting concept,this BUY, you are talking about.

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was just looking back on this whole thread, and I realized just how fortunate I am to have had a hand in the developement of SP:WAW!! It would be a shame to not have this forum to support it. I started out with SPWAW when it was still in it's early stages, still at the time called Steel Lightning, by Scott Grasse, some of you may remember that?! I had recently modified my install of SP3 to be just WW2, using all the available icon slots for the WW2 stuff, and adding Bulgaria to it. I had just stumbled onto the Steel Lightning site, and contacted Scott, to see if he would be interested in adding my Bulgarians. Ended up doing a lot of the early, and later work also on the oob's, even after it passed out of Scotts hands into Matrix', but mostly I was in charge of modelling the vehicle icons, and helping Nick Papp with the terrain also, but not too much in that area. I'm really happy to see so many people enjoy the fruits of my years involved with it, and the efforts also of my mates, thank you all!!!! If there's ever any questions about WAW, or anything I may be able to help with, just give a holler, or write to mikea@matrixgames.com, I'll try to assist where I can.:)

Headshot

Reaction score
Warhorse there is no doubt in my mind that you should be the SPWaW guru for WHQ. Give Don an e-mail, please

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Warfare HQ will still be needing at least one dedicated staff member - and possibly two - for the Combat Leader section when the time comes. If you're interested and have some basic qualifications send me an email or private message.