How come Gamers Armory is not shipping to the UK?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
5KG to the US is ~ 40€. Then we pay import just like you do.

You have to pay for the price to ship cheap food somehow. Do really think a hammer cost $2000 in the US budget too? -- jim
In the Federal budget $2000 for a hammer is possibly a bargain. 🙄

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The annoying thing about U.K. imports is that we pay VAT on the total cost of things I.e. the cost of it AND the shipping charge ! What with over the top American shipping charges it just kills buying from the USA now
Adding the VAT on top of the shipping seems silly to me. But comparatively speaking, the difference in direction isn't that far out of touch. Shipping within the EU is comparable to shipping with in the US, particularly if you consider the 1€ == 1$ (which of course it isn't). Internationally, it costs ~ 38€ (about $45 at todays exchange rate) to send 5KG to the US with some restrictions on the box size. The same package from the US to the EU is about $80 (about 67€) which is clearly more expensive. I get it, $35 (~30€) is $35 but most of us could cover that cost fairly painlessly. No one here is destitute. If you're getting it from a local distributor, you're still paying the shipping costs and imports. The distributor is clearly passing those prices on to somehow. Perhaps what some are missing is MMP doesn't sell to the front line game store at the same price they sell to you an I. If they are selling it to you at closer to actual retail listed by MMP then they are basically giving you any profit they might make on the sale. -- jim

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It would be nice if MMP did the same as GMT. You pre order over in the states and they send your order along with the Second Chance games bulk order who then ship it to you . Best of both worlds or at least that is how it used to work I’m not willing to spend say $150 dollars for something plus $100 in shipping to then be handed the import tax bill of a further approx $60 to get an item, thus over double of the original cost of said item.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It would be nice if MMP did the same as GMT. You pre order over in the states and they send your order along with the Second Chance games bulk order who then ship it to you . Best of both worlds or at least that is how it used to work I’m not willing to spend say $150 dollars for something plus $100 in shipping to then be handed the import tax bill of a further approx $60 to get an item, thus over double of the original cost of said item.
Amen to that.

von Marwitz

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My apologies Scott. You are right. I checked my Paypal account and I was only charged the $132 for the order. I did not realise there was a difference between an authorisation and a payment.
No problem, glad we got it sorted out!

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We've actually investigated this, but have not finished looking at everything and come to a decision. There is a cost that has to be paid to Second Chance Games for this service, VAT, plus trying to figure out the correct shipping amounts for each of the different countries/weight ranges. It is not just as simple as order from the states and then have a bulk shipment. We would have to figure out how to pass along the above cost to customers as some sort of "shipping charge". GMT may be able to do this easily, since historically they've subsidized some of their international shipping charges for customers (not sure if they still do this).

With Brexit, we'd have to evaluate the process again. I think things have changed due to Brexit.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I did notice a difference in shipping costs between Canada and the US last month after our VASL tournament. From the US to Canada I was charged about US $40-ish for 'module' size package. When I shipped a prize (module) to New York it cost about CDN $21 (US$17) and that included a boost in price for a tracking number. I will grant that the module I shipped was smaller than an Yanks2 module (example) but not by 50%.

This is not the vendor's fault, they are passing along the USPS charges but it has had me cancel an order in the past.

Last edited:

malorum

Reaction score
First name
Howard
Country
llAustralia
I did notice a difference in shipping costs between Canada and the US last month
Three years ago it cost my wife $109 Canadian to send a parcel about the size of an ASL box (but significantly lighter) from Nova Scotia (CBI) to Australia. That wasn't even express, it apparently came on a rusty barge, taking over six months to arrive.
So the US and Europe don't have a monopoly on high shipping :D