How can we get more people at Gamesquad!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think a lot of the problems inherent in vBulletin 4.x are due to the decision to go completely table-less and format everything with CSS. Now don't get me wrong, I like CSS and it's generally the best way to do a lot of things. However, it does make it much, much harder to achieve uniformity across browsers because of the way a lot of older browsers were designed. This means the vB team ended up re-writing almost every single template in the entire vBulletin package, something that hasn't been done in years. The end result is that things that have worked the same way and were stable for years now work entirely differently or have issues with some browsers. And in trying to combat that and achieve uniformity, the devs put in a lot of extra code to account for specific situations. Obviously, the more code there is the more chance there is that something can go wrong and cause even more problems.

Most of the original vB devs are gone and IB seems to be a bit clueless.

There are a couple of problems going back to vB3.x now. Brent is already pretty far along in re-coding to ladders to work with 4.x. Second, the blogs have become an important part of the site and that's one area that improved hugely from 3.x.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to cut your losses, Don. Have you ever seen a software package go bad and then back to good again? The way you are going there you only get deeper into the bog.

Are people actually using the blogs, in a warfarehq relevant manner?

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I go to a few other places, but I only read there. Might not like the community enough to want to be one of them.
Well a lot of forums have mean, immature, and just pure douchebag members thats what kind of happens as you get more and more people, but here, there isnt one person i dislike or think is rude to me or anyone else, but at the same time everyone speaks their mind and I like that, thats why I come here just about everyday. However it does disapoint me that I am the only Sengo member, but I dont know if you guys would have liked having a bunch of teenagers on here because 95% of Sengo was teenagers, but good people, good people, made a lot of good friends there that I have been friends with for the past 5 years.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we are waiting for Don splitting off warfarhq, which will hold the computer wargames, as opposed to the asl stuff.

I don't think anything can or should be done publicity-wise while this is in the air.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think we are waiting for Don splitting off warfarhq, which will hold the computer wargames, as opposed to the asl stuff.

I don't think anything can or should be done publicity-wise while this is in the air.
I think Don is waiting till after the release of Computer World in Flames.