How can I get Overlays for ASL maps

Pushofpike

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi. How can I get most of the Overlays for ASL. I realize that different publishers do their own thing, but some leads to getting the most often overlays would be appreciated. Thank you

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I want to play w paper map boards not computer overlays to a VASL. Am i missing something here?
See post #2. A lot of the overlays are from OOP modules and you can't get the overlays without finding the modules on eBay/etc.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Yes. A printer.
Although printing a vasl map (or overlay) can be done, the job may not be as simple as extracting the image and printing it. The hexes in vasl images are "perfect", but the hexes on printed maps are not. By my measurements the printed hexes are about 1.06090702% taller (in the 0-10 direction compared to the A-GG direction) than they should be for perfect hexes. For a one-hex overlay you probably won't notice the difference, but for an overlay that is bigger that difference accumulates until if the first hex is aligned, the last hex is off by the number of hexes times 1.06090702. At ten hexes the alignment is off by nearly eleven percent, and that you will notice. The fix is to scale the overlays, especially larger ones.

JR