How Best to Use Javelins in Death Valley Attack?

WMurray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I've been thinking nostalgically about our Krasnovian friends and Death Valley, and after seeing all those amazing videos of what Javelin missiles can do it seems there must be some way to use the Javelin teams to wreak havoc in that scenario but I could never make it happen.

My question, is there a way to move them in close enough and then deploy them where they can take out any enemy armor without getting killed before they get a shot off?

I think I once tried sneaking them down the mountains but from what I've seen of the missiles firing I don't know if they need to fire straight as opposed to down an incline. By the way, they all came to a tragic end anyway.

I've attached a graphic with some possible Javelin locations marked in green dashed arrows. I don't know if any of them would work. If any would then I could save artillery and use it later in the scenario.

It just seems so far I've never been able to make use of these guys and they seem like a wonderful asset so what am I doing wrong? Or is it just impossible in this particular scenario?

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hey Will,
I haven't got any great advice for you but in my experience it is quite a long slow business getting the Javlin teams in for a shot. When I had got them in they didn't actually fair as well as I had hoped. I think this is because the T80s are in dug in holes.
With the original ATF you could right click on the OPFOR vehicle and bring up the kill% and I think it showed the % including the modifier for being in a hole.
Whatever way you look at it the odds even with the Javlin to kill a a T80 in a hole through the frontal arc protected area is not great, thus to be more assured of a kill you need to move round behind the enemy vehicles. That calls for some very skillfull infiltration techniques.
All the while you're infiltrating time is burning up and mometum is being lost.
Personally I don't think the pay off is worth the effort, and the way to go is with a combined co-ordinated assault. But that's just my opinion tho'

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A good place to use them is in a support by fire position. Get your bradleys up to the breach point under the cover of smoke. Then, dismount your javeline teams and bring them up online with the Bradleys.

Read the Breaching 101 article from the manual for details on SBFs and coordinating smoke...

WMurray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Will,
I haven't got any great advice for you but in my experience it is quite a long slow business getting the Javlin teams in for a shot. When I had got them in they didn't actually fair as well as I had hoped. I think this is because the T80s are in dug in holes.
It seems with the top-attack mode they could defeat tanks that are hull down. And even if I can't get the tanks, I'm wondering if I can get some of the nuisance BRDM-2s or an enemy observer (yes, that's overkill, but what else am I going to do with my Javelins? :) ).

Ah...thanks, Pat, yes, that makes more sense than shooting enemy observers with AT missiles.

Last edited: