Horror Movies

GhostSoldier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh! The Horror!

Phantasm 1 & 2: Scary mortician. Deadly, hurling spheres. A Barracuda (That would be the car, not the fish.) Formidable dwarf- pions. A shotgun-weilding, juvenile protagonist. A car chase with a hearse. Phantasm 3 was a dud, but 1 set the trend, and 2 carried the day.
An American Werewolf In London: Nice plot and other elements, but the pre-digital sfx during the transformations are especially creepy.
The Thing (remake): This film and 'An American In London' are great sfx masterpieces.
Candyman: Say Candyman three times. Go ahead! I dare ya!
Prophecy: Not 'The Prophecy'. This movie was from the 80's about a mutated bear around a lake in the woods.
:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Reaction score
Originally posted by michammer
I agree. I have never seen a horror movie advertised that has made me want to go and watch it. I think the only one I have ever watched is Poltergeist - if that can be considered one.
The only way I could enjoy them was if they were on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Reaction score
Originally posted by last_cav1971
Gotta love horror flicks..................how about Stephen King's "The Stand"...........good one but not scary.

The scariest movie I have ever seen in my life I watched when I was about 10...........it still creeps me out when I watch it......."Salems Lot". Of course..........the books are always better.

Pet Semetary, Rose Red........TX Chainsaw Massacre I (the springoffs are too sappy.)

I love the zombie movies...........Return of the Living Dead I, II, and III.
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead

Vampires are my thing, though..............give me a good vampire flick any day...........Just waiting for "VanHelsing" to come out on DVD.

Vampires are making a comeback............if you havent seen it yet, watch "Underworld"............you get two for the money......vampires and werewolves.

Mark
Deo Vindice
You couldn't pay me to read or watch most Stephen King. I actually did like "Stand by Me", but somehow I don't think the movie was that much like the book.

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This dates me, but my favorite horror movies were Frankenstein (the original), The Mummy, Creature From the Black Lagoon, Dracula (Bela Lugosi was really scary back then) and the more recent Christopher Plummer movies were not too shabby. Is Godzilla considered horror genre?

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Horror Movies

Originally posted by Janos
NO HORROR MOVIES!

They scare the heck out of me. I don't enjoy them at all. Not books, not movies, nothing!

JS
You oughta see my face then!
;)

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
You couldn't pay me to read or watch most Stephen King. I actually did like "Stand by Me", but somehow I don't think the movie was that much like the book.
Stephen King is "the King" when it comes to horror, though.
He goes into such detail in his writing it feels as if you are really there.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thats the guy..........I think they worked very well together.

Mark
Deo Vindice
Have you read the sequel to The Talisman? It's called "Black House" and is written by both original authors.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stephen King is "the King" when it comes to horror, though.
He goes into such detail in his writing it feels as if you are really there.

Mark
Deo Vindice
He's a hack compared to H.P. Lovecraft. ;)

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stephen King. I liked his earlier books (Salem's Lot, Carrie, The Shining,Cujo,It, Night Shift, The Stand, Differant Seasons Skeleton Crew and Four Past Midnight) Now his most recent books? NO

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Stage
Have you read the sequel to The Talisman? It's called "Black House" and is written by both original authors.
I saw that it was out, I think it was last year?.........I havent had a chance to read it yet.
Any good?

Mark
Deo Vindice

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Thomas McPeek
Stephen King. I liked his earlier books (Salem's Lot, Carrie, The Shining,Cujo,It, Night Shift, The Stand, Differant Seasons Skeleton Crew and Four Past Midnight) Now his most recent books? NO
Out of this list I would have to pick Salems Lot and IT as my favorite..........then they had the Dark Tower series. I read the first one and thats it.

Mark
Deo Vindice