Hooray for the 2nd amendment

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just purchased a new way to exercise my 2nd amendment rights and figured I'd share.

S&W Sigma 9mm

Patrocles

Reaction score
nice looking gun. have you tried it out at the shooting range yet?

btw...any word on repealing the assault gun ban?
Last I heard it needs be renewed by the Prez but he is keeping quiet on the issue.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Nice piece. Just looking at that grip, makes my thumb twitch to wrap around it. Is that stainless, or nickel plated?

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Patrocles
nice looking gun. have you tried it out at the shooting range yet?

btw...any word on repealing the assault gun ban?
Last I heard it needs be renewed by the Prez but he is keeping quiet on the issue.
Nah, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I probably won’t get a chance to pull the trigger until about mid-September. I grabbed plenty of ammo along with the gun, so I’m just waiting to get some range time with it.

As for the ban, I haven't heard anything new. (Anyone else hear anything?) I remember someone on the radio (a few months ago) talking about how the gun-control lobby wasn’t really gearing up to push for a renewal… let's hope this holds true.

Originally posted by JAMiAM
Is that stainless, or nickel plated?
Stainless.

Originally posted by scuud
I like how this picture was taken ontop of the keyboard, could you not get away from this site?
Well, that’s part of it. :) I’m also a web guy by trade, so it’s hard to find a flat surface in my house that doesn’t have a keyboard on it.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by nreese21
nice job! but wrong gun lol. Go Springfield-Armory!
....:rolleyes: Well, at least you didn't throw out the "9mm isn't strong enough" line. In my opinion, any gun is strong enough as long as you know where to shoot.

I'm eyeing a Remington 700 .308 for my next purchase.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by sickpup
....:rolleyes: Well, at least you didn't throw out the "9mm isn't strong enough" line. In my opinion, any gun is strong enough as long as you know where to shoot.

I'm eyeing a Remington 700 .308 for my next purchase.
Good choice there.... and uhmm... 9mm isn't strong enough... :laugh:

The only reason I want a 1911A1 is because of its historical value. I love my dad's Makarov!

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a chance to actually shoot the gun last weekend. I gotta say, it's a lot different than what I'm used to. The recoil was a bit more than expected for a 9mm, but after 50 rds fired, I feel pretty confident with it.

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Strong recoil? Try firing one of these bad boys! If it's not PERFECTLY placed on your shoulder you won't be using your arm much the next day.