Hollow Legions Reprint - Board 25/Overlay E1 Combo

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just set up TAC 67 - Dig Them Out! and it uses Board 25 with overlay E1. I've never cared for this overlay since it is huge and doesn't line up well. However, the worst flaw is the hill coloration. They are totally off. I bought it when it first came out so maybe this was fixed in later printings but mine looks horrible (see the attachment). I don't really want to purchase Hollow Legions again since I already own it, but with the Soldiers of the Negus added, I don't see as how I have a choice not to (a smart marketing plan). How about sweetening the deal by providing two Board 25s - one with and one without an overlay? Call the second Board 25a. Gavatu-Tanambogo already received some love in Rising Sun so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a printed Board 25/overlay E1 combo. As an aside, I counted the scenarios I own that use Board 25. I own 17 which isn't a huge number. Of those, seven use overlay E1. That's roughly 41%. Sufficient enough for me to think it should be printed as one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a bad idea. Then, you could use another desert board with the original E1 overlay and add that to the new revised board and have an interesting desert hill to fight for.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I hope that an overlaid 25 would be enclosed in the promised Overlay Bundle. That would match up well with those who bought the Map Bundle

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to this and agree that board 25a (or whatever MMP names it) is a good idea.

Kind of like clipping counters, once you get the new counters/boards in your hands, you want *all* of them. Sadly, I am too cheap to buy the map bundle knowing they would just end up as duplicates.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding! Just played a DTO scenario last week. First time in about five years. Forgot how fun--and deadly--these can be.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding! Just played a DTO scenario last week. First time in about five years. Forgot how fun--and deadly--these can be.
Did'nt we attempt a desert scenario last year at ASLOK? Took me about 2 hours to set up and you quite after the 2nd turn whining about your dice, threatening to sell your stuff and move back to china and so on.

Scott

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh yeah, forgettable scenario to be sure. 6 pounders firing at exposed German tanks who cannot get smoke or arty. Base TK rolls for Brits 9 or less.
Yep, bad dice rolling and bad access draws preventing artillery smoke coming in, left my exposed armor just waiting to be nailed one by one.:eek: So, instead of suffering and whining the rest of the day...NEXT! That's the power of ASLOK. Bad game? Concede, and start another.
That scenario screams for a SSR where the first arty chit draw is automatically black. I believe I had two chances for arty and could not get at least one. :mad:
The one I just played was from CH! Beda Fomm remake. A HELL of a lot better and less dependent on luck and fate.
I'm still moving, but just not yet.
I already know how to curse in Mandarin! :p

Last edited: