Hollow Legions III -

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We get it. You're the one in a million guy that had everybody give them stuff out of the goodness of their heart. :D Most of had to pay for our gear, that's how it works.
No. That's the thing - absolutely not. Play & participate. People see that you are really getting into what they enjoy and they want you to be part of it. None of these folks really knew me, but everyone's happy to help. That's why all this time I am more into the ASL community than even ASL itself.

It's true : what you see in the world is a function of how you see the world

Or take Emerson -
"The light by which we see in this world comes out of the soul of the observer"

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe there's a finite number of free out of print modules available to be given away. I don't have a blog but I DO play and participate.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
I believe there's a finite number of free out of print modules available to be given away. I don't have a blog but I DO play and participate.
I think the first thing to do if there is a core module that you are missing is ask. Tell and show you are a player not a collector. You may not get it for free but you can get a good deal from a friend and follow player.
I have seen a few gems a game tournaments. I got an ASLSK #3 when if was out of print for my kids.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My post was for informational purposes only. I own basically two of everything, official or otherwise, except Blood Reef Tarawa. Since I've never played PTO, it's not high on my list yet.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think any company does a high print run any more....AH 1998(?) run of Yanks may have been that last high run....Just like in print newspapers...cardboard games are few and far between

Reckall

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
What I do find strange is that Hollow Legions + the Desert Rules would give you:

- Initial clashes between Italians and the Commonwealth in the Western Desert
- Greece
- Afrika Korps
- Torch
- Tunisia
- Sicily

...Plus, maybe, hypotheticals like an Italian invasion of Yugoslavia.

Basically, a single module would unlock all the major missing areas of conflicts and campaigns in the ETO. Were I MMP, I would put it at the forefront.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Because in that case thousands of people will fall all over themselves to buy it?

What I do find strange is that Hollow Legions + the Desert Rules would give you:

- Initial clashes between Italians and the Commonwealth in the Western Desert
- Greece
- Afrika Korps
- Torch
- Tunisia
- Sicily

...Plus, maybe, hypotheticals like an Italian invasion of Yugoslavia.

Basically, a single module would unlock all the major missing areas of conflicts and campaigns in the ETO. Were I MMP, I would put it at the forefront.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
[Looks at shelf in game room, sees copies of West of Alamein, two copies of Hollow Legions (the original TAHGC edition + the original MMP reprint edition) and the original ELR edition of Soldiers of the Negus.]

If only there was a module that dealt with desert battles and/or Italian troops. It seems to be an obvious gap that needs filling.

Of course MMP needs to reprint HL. They also need to reprint FKaC, CdG, DB, AoO and apparently RS. I hope nobody is suggesting that these needed reprints aren't happening because MMP can't be bothered to do them?

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If MMP is listening, I will buy pretty much everything Bruce mentioned for the new boards/counters/etc (EXC: RS as I already bought that). Went through my Italian counters and they are showing their age and the bigger fonts on new ones would be much appreciated.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Went through my Italian counters and they are showing their age and the bigger fonts on new ones would be much appreciated.
Not that I've played many scenarios involving the Italians, but indeed the old (original) Italian counters are oftentimes not optimally cut and and a modern print would render them much more readable. When they come out, I'll be among the customers to replace my old set with the new one.

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would also perhaps purchase a reedited Italian module.
The black on dark gray smaller graphics make them less readable among the old style counters.
And an erraticised chapter F would also be an interesting feature.
There would of course also be desert overlays adapted to the new desert boards - which colours are very different from the older mapboards.
And new scenarios.
But the probability of a cancer or a heartstroke hitting me before that reedited module comes out increases every day.:oops:

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
If anyone on this board is lusting for a copy of Hollow Legions (MMP Reprint version), I have one -- $50 plus shipping gets you an unopened, in the shrinkwrap, pristine copy of this increasingly hard to find module!

JacksonsGhost

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If anyone on this board is lusting for a copy of Hollow Legions (MMP Reprint version), I have one -- $50 plus shipping gets you an unopened, in the shrinkwrap, pristine copy of this increasingly hard to find module!
Curses! dur beat me to it! Put me 2nd in line anyway in case that sale falls through!