Hollow Legions III -

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I think the next WO would be more likely. My bet would be Korea for this years WO

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP only puts out one major product per a year, so probably not. 2018 will be KWASL and 2019 will be Red Barricades. Here is a run down of Major big ticket ASL modules MMP released since 2004:

2004- Nothing
2005-nothing
2006- AoO and BV 3E
2007- nothing
2008- VotG
2009- nothing
2010- Doomed Battalions 3E
2011- FKaC
2012- Festung Budda
2013- Rising Sun
2014- Nothing
2015 Hakee Polly
2016- Yanks
2017- Nothing

Nothing means no major product released, AP's and Journals of course were released but those are not big ticket items. So I seriously doubt HL III will be out anytime soon. But nothing is stopping you from wishing lol.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Are the Italians/HL a moduel that has to be rebuilt from the ground up? ie: no existing artwork?

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was more of a partial reprint, MMP had some components left over and did a very limited print run. But ya I guess you can say two products did come out in 2016. MMP is so backed up right now with major ASL products to release that it will be years before we see HL III.

When was the FB reprint reseased?

Last edited:

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
That was more of a partial reprint, MMP had some components left over and did a very limited print run. But ya I guess you can say two products did come out in 2016. MMP is so back up right now with major ASL products to release that it will be years before we see HL III.
I guess there are no other moduals with some part still sitting around? I know they sold off some Operation Veritable parts a few years ago. Too bad MMP could have done a small reprint!?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I guess there are no other moduals with some part still sitting around? I know they sold off some Operation Veritable parts a few years ago. Too bad MMP could have done a small reprint!?
MMP had components left, because during the first print run 20% (or something I don't know the exact number) of the countersheets were bad. So the only thing that was re-printed was new countersheets - of course, they had to be laid out again, since MMP had changed printers.

JacksonsGhost

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I think many of the SK generation of players would feel that Hollow Legions and Desert ASL are way, way overdue. I certainly hope it's not MMP's plan to go 4+ years without any Core Module releases!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think many of the SK generation of players would feel that Hollow Legions and Desert ASL are way, way overdue. I certainly hope it's not MMP's plan to go 4+ years without any Core Module releases!

Well. BV did a reprint. There was Yanks2. Then we are looking at Korea at year end. Is that where you want to start counting your 4+ years?

JacksonsGhost

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well. BV did a reprint. There was Yanks2. Then we are looking at Korea at year end. Is that where you want to start counting your 4+ years?
Ok, I see what MMP have done. They're listing Korea ASL as a Core Module. I didn't realize that. While Korea looks to be a worthy addition to the system I thought only WWII modules would be considered Core Modules.

So I should have said 4+ years between Core WWII Modules (assuming Gunner Scott's predictions in post#4 are correct and Hollow Legions would be 2020+). And I'm sure the relative newcomers to the game do appreciate the recent re-prints, but 4+ years is a long time to wait for the next one, especially when the wait for Hollow Legions and Desert ASL, the keys to a major chunk of WWII, has already been a long one.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not that he not might be the smartest person in the room, but what gives you the notion that his prediction has a chance in paradise of being correct?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Ok, I see what MMP have done. They're listing Korea ASL as a Core Module. I didn't realize that. While Korea looks to be a worthy addition to the system I thought only WWII modules would be considered Core Modules.
My understanding is that any module that introduces the basic OOB for a nationality, or for a set of nationalities, or for a significant part of a nationality (like Gung Ho/Rising Sun contains the USMC and Philippines Army), qualifies as a Core module - something that might become required for later products, like some Annual or Action Pack scenarios. In this sense, it seems reasonable to assume that Forgotten War will be a core module.

(I didn't check, and it's possible that Red Barricades is considered required for some other of MMP's HASLs, but it's clearly not the same thing)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you look at the release dates dude, you will see that a core module comes out every other year 90% of the time. I understand you love and respect MMP and naively give them the benefit of the doubt, but facts are facts, releases are slow, not AH glacially slow, but slow. My advise to new guys, get it while its inprint or the hoarders will jack up the prices when it is out of print. This hobby is rife with collectors, hoarders and speculators who drive prices up and buy out low stocks of games to resell, they love MMP because MMP does low print runs of games and they take advantage of that situation when ever they can.

Not that he not might be the smartest person in the room, but what gives you the notion that his prediction has a chance in paradise of being correct?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you look at the release dates dude, you will see that a core module comes out every other year 90% of the time. I understand you love and respect MMP and naively give them the benefit of the doubt, but facts are facts, releases are slow, not AH glacially slow, but slow. My advise to new guys, get it while its inprint or the hoarders will jack up the prices when it is out of print. This hobby is rife with collectors, hoarders and speculators who drive prices up and buy out low stocks of games to resell, they love MMP because MMP does low print runs of games and they take advantage of that situation when ever they can.
Oh yeah, I absolutely think MMP is doing fantastic, and I think the pace of production is great. Not that I didn't have to get my modules from places other than MMP when I first got started, but the only modules I got from eBay are the two Deluxe modules at $50 or less each.

Thanks to the kindness of "collectors, hoarders and speculators" who kept modules available, I had access at very friendly prices.

And my Hollow Legion's free.

It always take two to tango - need a person who's willing to pay high price before someone else can charge high prices. (.. and pls, don't tell me people are "forced" to the high prices. ASL is not critical to life nor liberty.)

But seriously, I got Hollow Legions pegged at 2019 but definitely not surprised if it's 2020 or beyond.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We get it. You're the one in a million guy that had everybody give them stuff out of the goodness of their heart. :D Most of had to pay for our gear, that's how it works.