Hollow Legions 3.0 preorder

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are getting the total number of desert boards (both West of Alamein and Hollow Legions), 7. The overlays are there to help
get the terrain for the scenarios just right. Perhaps in the future, MMP will come out with another desert board or two, along with
more desert overlays.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I was saying is that with the number so high on every other theater why can’t we just have desert boards without overlays and depict the same terrain that the overlays would show

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What I was saying is that with the number so high on every other theater why can’t we just have desert boards without overlays and depict the same terrain that the overlays would show
I venture to propose the notion that after the release of HL v3, maybe we might see additional desert boards as part of Action Packs, WO Bonus Packs, a Journal or by TPPs.

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just my WAG, but I would say that the layout of the scenario probably will be set to ASL standard and the SSRs and VC might be
modified to correct any discrepancies noted in corrective playtesting.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Interdenominational bickering amongst the clippers?!?!!🤣🤣
Heh,heh, I've never seen the point in using two different sizes of clipper for the two different sizes of counter. I just use 2.5mm for everything (well, when I clip that is, I haven't actually clipped anything in an age, Olli has been kind enough to sort my stuff out for me of late. I know I should get back to it sometime though)

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So...getting back closer to the topic of Hollow Legions...does anyone have any intel on what will be the next ASL printing release from MMP? Rising Sun reprint? Manila HASL? Hollow Legion reprint? Or the ever promised Journal lucky number 13?
Perry?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
So...getting back closer to the topic of Hollow Legions...does anyone have any intel on what will be the next ASL printing release from MMP? Rising Sun reprint? Manila HASL? Hollow Legion reprint? Or the ever promised Journal lucky number 13?
Perry?
I believe Hollow Legions is already up for pre-order and met the minimum requirements in very short order.

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
I have pre-ordered both Rising Sun and Hollow legions. I missed out on the previous releases and although I mainly play VASL I feel it is a responsibility to purchase the hard copy versions to promote further development of the ASL brand. I look forward to expanding my PTO and DTO experience. I have also purchased Red Factories as my supply of Russian squads was woefully inadequate. I was having to use old squad leader counters for some scenarios. Big financial commitment this year as postage to Australia is a killer.

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have pre-ordered both Rising Sun and Hollow legions. I missed out on the previous releases and although I mainly play VASL I feel it is a responsibility to purchase the hard copy versions to promote further development of the ASL brand. I look forward to expanding my PTO and DTO experience. I have also purchased Red Factories as my supply of Russian squads was woefully inadequate. I was having to use old squad leader counters for some scenarios. Big financial commitment this year as postage to Australia is a killer.
Yeah, I know how you feel.

I have been playing off and on for about twenties years. Because I had the entire published run of AH/MMP original modules, when the current editions started coming out I didn't see any reason to replace them. Of course I was wrong (as always).

I've done a good job--just the past three or four months. With preorders, I managed to get almost everything [Deluxe and FW on my list to buy] except Yanks and Doomed Battalions [and Solitaire, of course]--all shrink wrapped. The Haaka Palle was about $50 or $60 more than list, but the Beyond Valor, from Ebay, cost like one dollar more than the listed price.

There is no need to spend exorbitant prices to get this stuff, unless you absolutely have to have it now. [Yeah, there may be exceptions for old HASLs]. Wait til the bargain prices come along.

I will NOT tell you the next time I come across Yanks or Doomed Battalions at a good price. At least, not before I have a copy in my grubby little hands! 🙄

Last edited:

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations MMP! Hollow Legions 3rd Edition has exceeded its Pre-Order Number by over 200 in less than a month's time! Guess there is at least some demand to get the desert boards and full Italian OB back out!

File under wishful thinking...since Hollow Legions hit (and exceeded!) it's Pre-Order Number so quickly, wouldn't it be nice to see it move up a bit in the production queue? Maybe get that out the door before Rising Sun to satisfy a demonstrated market demand? Again, just wishful thinking...(and yes, I have both HL and RS on pre-order).

Not much doubt about which one I'm most anxious to see!!

Last edited:

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations MMP! Hollow Legions 3rd Edition has exceeded its Pre-Order Number by over 200 in less than a month's time!

File under wishful thinking...since Hollow Legions hit (and exceeded!) it's Pre-Order Number so quickly, wouldn't it be nice to see it move up a bit in the production queue? Maybe get that out the door before Rising Sun to satisfy a demonstrated market demand?
I would think, given the amount of time that has passed since Rising Sun surpassed its preorder number, that the process of printing it is already underway, and hence the point is moot.

Even if that is not the case, although there are about 500 more preorders for HL than RS, you're still talking about 600 people (a lot of these, like me, have also preordered HL) who have been waiting a long time for RS, and the ability to play the Manila HASL to some degree requires RS to be available, and there are over 1200 people who have preordered that one.

For me it doesn't really matter, as I already have a ton of things on my plate. Still, it's a thought. :)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP will get them out in good time. What constitutes good time differs between people.
Therefore, everybody must be patient. I recall that it took 3 years for 1st edition ARMIES OF OBLIVION
to see print.

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP will get them out in good time. What constitutes good time differs between people.
Therefore, everybody must be patient. I recall that it took 3 years for 1st edition ARMIES OF OBLIVION
to see print.
When I say printing, I am thinking of all of the work that goes into the process BEFORE they are ready to print as well the actual printing process.

And of course, there is already a pretty decent line of stuff to be printed, so each takes its turn.

I am in no hurry.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I am in no hurry.
Today it is the 30th of May (not a secret....) to go to the 15th of December it is 199 days (onehundredninetynine days)..... I am not sure I can live without a MMP package until then.... either RS, or HL, or Manila should arrive sooner to alleviate my withdrawal symptoms.....