macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

Either I am feeling controversial or I am needing to feel like a social worker and support the ASL NEWBIE but...

I just read SPECIAL OPERATIONS Mag 2 and its GOOD FOR ASL :)
(actually has taken me a while to find 30-40 mins but I think you and I might miss the point if you read the other thread so I thought I would speak up!)

WHy (risking multiple custard pie tosses!) - I think the other thread is making a small but valid point only that there is no ASL game there... but for the NEWBIE there is 3 excellent SK ASL things!

Finally a replay of an SK game - we needed this for the Total Good of The Community - Replay games I think helped us all growing up with teh grand tactics of grand Masters - I took the time (since all the negative sentiment in the other thread) to read it - It was well done, clear - excellent (usual MMP) standard

Then there are two good SK scenarios - both seemingly familar (were they new or re-hash?) - HAving said that - I WOULD PLAY THEM if I were a NEWBIE as they are nice looking scenarios

SO I ask you the public of ASL out there - is this Just the rant of an AUssie, is my 2 cents not worth even 1 New Zealand Dollar (could not help myself :clown:)

We Should Support ASL Products for the Newbie (ie SK stuff that helps develop more player for me to loose to :cry:)
and...
Not trash this thread about how MMP is loosing its edge etc etc - cause they didnt- I believe they tried to help our beloved Hobby :clap:

Maybee the MOderators should place this in the SK thread? to let them know its a value product for them

Rob :clown:

PS- For someone who never plays anything other than ASL ?WHat do I DO with all these other things in the magazine ?????:nuts:

Last edited:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
(I think) the replay is for one of the two SK scenarios included in the mag called Few and Far Between.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Hi All

Either I am feeling controversial or I am needing to feel like a social worker and support the ASL NEWBIE but...

I just read SPECIAL OPERATIONS Mag 2 and its GOOD FOR ASL :)
(actually has taken me a while to find 30-40 mins but I think you and I might miss the point if you read the other thread so I thought I would speak up!)

WHy (risking multiple custard pie tosses!) - I think the other thread is making a small but valid point only that there is no ASL game there... but for the NEWBIE there is 3 excellent SK ASL things!

Finally a replay of an SK game - we needed this for the Total Good of The Community - Replay games I think helped us all growing up with teh grand tactics of grand Masters - I took the time (since all the negative sentiment in the other thread) to read it - It was well done, clear - excellent (usual MMP) standard

Then there are two good SK scenarios - both seemingly familar (were they new or re-hash?) - HAving said that - I WOULD PLAY THEM if I were a NEWBIE as they are nice looking scenarios

SO I ask you the public of ASL out there - is this Just the rant of an AUssie, is my 2 cents not worth even 1 New Zealand Dollar (could not help myself :clown:)

We Should Support ASL Products for the Newbie (ie SK stuff that helps develop more player for me to loose to :cry:)
and...
Not trash this thread about how MMP is loosing its edge etc etc - cause they didnt- I believe they tried to help our beloved Hobby :clap:

Maybee the MOderators should place this in the SK thread? to let them know its a value product for them

Rob :clown:

PS- For someone who never plays anything other than ASL ?WHat do I DO with all these other things in the magazine ?????:nuts:
thanks for the tip!
:)

KeithU

Reaction score
The Ripples on the Pond article in Special Ops #1 mentioned a replay coming for that scenario, and I missed the Operations that contained the replay, that is why I ask.

Thanks, Chas!

And thanks, Rob, for the mini-review!

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi all

Me again

Now the series Replay is as Chas Said for the Scenario in the Journal S33 Far and Few Bewtween

Really a nice little slug fest between 6 Dutch Squads on board will only two LMGs (1.5 more neter later) and 7.5 Germans with a DC and two LMGs and a nic elittle Pz2A (4FP of fun)
The Replay had it close - in 4.5 turns Germans attack - shoot bad , break and loose
SOunds like What I would do! - that probably why I like it and it is nice for the Newbie - good explanations

So hopefully That answers those Questions

To Chas - you need to read more and send me a LOG! :nuts:

Rob
:clown:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi All

:
I really enjoy ASL and I really enjoy playing you Rob but really, it does not excite me this much:eek:

I wont buy this edition of SO but have the first one once it went onto offer.

I beleive we need to be more positu=ive towards MMP and the OPps etc. does it matter if it does not have any ASL in it? sure we are all so very short of scenarios to play:clown: