(HOLD) v AFV

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sorry for newbie question. Just getting back into ASL after a few years away. Playing a SASL scenario to shake the rust off.

So, the defenders are in a HOLD situation. I have a AFV advancing and the activation table tells me no "?" have been activated. My AFV could be fired on by a few "?" counters if they were an LATW OR ATG for example.

Can anyone tell me if there is a rule where a ? counter could activate if an AFV gets within 8 hexs for example or do i need to wait for it to be adjacent and then see if the ? conceals anything?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
AFAIK as long as the AFV is buttoned up S? will normally activate only when adjacent. If the AFV is CE then S? will activate depending on range and CE DRM per table X1. (Most AFV have CE DRM of +2 but there are some oddities out there in the wild.) There may be some table A11 result that will cause longer range activation (I don't know the table by heart) but I can't recall any offhand.

I suspect this is to keep players from somewhat cheesily driving around in front of S? just to activate them (the great majority of the time they will be infantry w/o any tank defense.)