Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

Not sure how feasible this is, but want to see what the general feel is out there. Have gotten numerous emails reference reprinting some stuff so this is why I ask.

Would you buy a package that contains a redone Fortress Cassino and King of the Hill?

Both maps would be 1" hexes and graphically updated. Would update all scenarios, CG, etc.
BRT and GSTK done by MMP, Berlin planned as part of large Battle review.

Thanks,
Chas

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Count me in for sure! FC and KotH were both already sold out when I got into ASL and are on my "to get" list.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
chas said:
Gents,

Would you buy a package that contains a redone Fortress Cassino and King of the Hill?

Thanks,
Chas
I think the KotH is a product that needs and deserves to be available again. Cassino....eh, it was OK.

I'd get it...but then I'm the original ASL lush... :rolleyes:

Jazz

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
chas said:
Gents,

This, I would buy even though I already have KOTH. Never too much of a good thing. :cheeky:

Berlin planned as part of large Battle review.
If Berlin:Red Vengeance was ever redone, I would probably buy two. Just in case the one I have now wears out...... ;) Best CG ever. :D

da priest

Reaction score
Alrite, votin' yes here, but unnerstan' it a split vote, KotH, yes if much better map graphics AND mounted counters. FC..shrug..who cares?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I also voted YES, but it is a split vote.

I have FC, but still need KoTH....

Peace

Roger

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark P,

I agree. We will only do this if there is overwhelming support, the planets align, and it doesnt interfere with other products. I feel compelled because of the recent interest.

To all,
thanks for the feedback thus far. I understand some may want one or the other, but if we do it, it will be both together. I am sure you can figure out the associated risks of reprinting one product let alone 2 separately. So far looks like a lot of support, which is very promising.

thanks,
chas

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>I'd get it...but then I'm the original ASL lush...

I'm with Jazz. I already own both, but if it's slightly different in the least (add a counter, change the font, add color) it's new and MUST be purchased.

I'd rather see efforts made toward new products, but there will always be new players begging for the old stuff, so why deny them?

Heard this at a comedy club in 1984 and it applies well to ASL.

(Sung to the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton)

If you want to go broke and that's no joke, ASL.
If you want to get down, down on the ground, ASL.
Sold my house, sold my boat, sold my car, ASL.

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
KotH was/is one of my favorite CGs. The scenarios were very good too. The ASL community would be well served to get a fresh version of it, even if it takes some effort. I'd be happy to help out the HoB guys in this regard. A better map, mounted counters and printed rules and this blast from the past would be a hit!

I'm less enthusiastic about FC. I played the CG three times and playtested many scenarios. I think the map was cool but the actions portrayed on it were a mixed bag. Still, there is some appeal to be found.

Priest

Reaction score
Robert Wolkey said:
(Sung to the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton)

If you want to go broke and that's no joke, ASL.
If you want to get down, down on the ground, ASL.
Sold my house, sold my boat, sold my car, ASL.
Very good Robert :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I own 'em both already, so no sale here.

What do you mean by "redone" scens and CG's? Personally, I don't care to buy scenario's twice. If changes are made, I excpect a list of such will be posted on the web-site, as MMP did for FKaC?

Making sold-out mods available again is great. I'd like to see everybody able to buy all the ASL they desire. But, the idea of re-issuing scenarios that have been tweaked because of percieved balance issues, has never appealed to me.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you're going to reissue Cassino why not add the second battle? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot to see if I could do better. Would add to the appeal than if you only did the 3rd battle.

Also, a campaign that includes the second battle then after a delay moves into the third battle would be pretty cool. Kind of like the first wave in Tarawa gets chewed up, but takes a minor stride in helping the second wave.

I think even the guys who already own FC might buy this new one if it included the second battle. I would.

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am one of the lucky ones that has both.
FC would need to include more to entice me. Then 2nd battle would certainly do the trick.
KOTH would need an improved map and better rule layout to entice me.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Cassino map is kind of small with small hexes. Bump it up to Red Barricades sized hexes, add the 2nd battle and charge me whatever you want and I'll buy it.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Totally smiling saying this, but I did say improved graphics and 1" hexes, right:):):):):)

I will discuss additional CG with Steve. One thing I do not do is BS people, and I am not familiar enough with those details of the battle overall. If it happened, and it is doable, I dont see why not. However, this would then take some time away from other projects, then again this would be a 'new' CG.
The CG chapters will be updated, revised, and should be in the nice color format.
Scens. This is still an idea, so I dont have a lot of planned specifics. But one example is the scenario Windsors Knot. I have basically redone this using some BtB boards for example. Overall I dont know what scenarios would change. I think some may be revised based on errata/balance, some changed by boards or conceptually changed, and some deleted. But I wont know until we dive into it more.
Also, I am not going to commit as far as putting the stuff on the website. I also dont want to say we wont. We have been putting stuff on the web for free at times, but in this case we know up front we will be losing money, just want to keep to a minimum, so dont know how we would handle that.

Another good thing is that several people have piled on volunteering to help, which will be great. Right now the poll is as 75% for a reprint, which I think is overwhelming support to do it.

Thanks,
Chas