HOB BtB and other things

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

Thanks for the complement. We are just so sorry this has been such a mess. Note to self, never produce a product in winter while moving. :shock:

OK, time is up. I did get all the orders out that I could and that includes everyone that emailed me. I will have access to this board probably better than email so if you have a private message you can send it here. (It is easy to jump on a computer etc).

Ok surfboard is packed ready to go thanks for your support.

Steve

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
BtB Order

Steve

My copy of BtB arrvied yesterday, however i have two copies of the V-1 overlay and no H-1 overlay. Can you arrange to forward a copy of the latter to me.

Thanks

Richar Weiley

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry,

I have about 5 of these so far. I will get you one in the mail when I get back. Sorry it will be a while.

Steve

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
No worries Steve, i have plenty of new ASL stuff to keep me occupied in the interim. Would you like me to return the excess overlay?

Richard

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Players,

Back from travel, I have a bunch of orders going out late today or first thing in the morning. If you ordered anything between the 4th and now it should be on the list. If you want a confirmation contact my email and I will confirm for you. Any lingering issues, that where not resolved before I left, let me know.

Now back to the fun stuff.

Steve

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bad News for UK

Sorry guys, but bad news reference BtB in the UK. We are unable to sell through distributors at this time to do numerous issues with the printer. We really want to be able to change this, but for now anyone in the UK wishing to buy this will have to do so direct from us.
I am only mentioning the UK because this has been talked about before, however, there are no more sales of BtB to stores/distributors until the situation with the printer is resolved. Sorry.

Chas

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HoB Update

gents,

still groggy and recovering, but wanted to get this message out.

expect that on 1 oct our website will be updated to reflect changes in ordering policies and procedures, as well as some price increases. This gives you a month to order something before it goes up.
We also expect a change in our schedule, as SF will probably be published next year.
Sorry about this, but we have had to make some tough decisions.
The good news is that BtB is avail. to stores and distro, so hopefully will be in UK soon.

chas smith
heat of battle

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I understand that others have had problems with their orders and I hope these get worked out in a timely fashion. But I also wanted to add that I have ordered numerous things from HoB in the past and have received excellent service every time.

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

For some reason, which I cannot tell you why. A number of our shipments have gone out and vanished from the planet. There have been some cases where multiple copies have been lost enroute. I don't know if some postal guy is hording them or what. On top of that we have been under pressure with technical issues on email. Please contact me directly and I will resolve any issue promplty. My contact info is my username here with a @comcast.net at the end. (com sec from the hackers).

SD

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve,

When my copy of BtB arrived, the mailing envelope was completey unsealed and open. My mailman upon delivering said I was very lucky to have gotten it complete as they are not for responsible improperly packaged items. If I remember correctly others had the same thing happen.

I love HOB products but have learned to order them through www.gamersarmory.com so that that they get delivered in a properly sealed box. Which cost more for shipping but cost less in peace of mind.

Keith

Jeffery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BtB Arrives

It took quite a while, but "Beyond the Beachhead" finally arrived, and I'm pleased to discover that it's even better than I expected. The mapboards are great, and the overlays considerably multiply the possibilities.

I've never had much use for ready made scenarios, but I've had generally good luck with those published by HoB. The scenarios in this package appear to be no exception: several of them look most entertaining. As I did with "Firefights!", I'll probably just try them all in order.

Jeffery

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"I've never had much use for ready made scenarios"

Hello!

I'd have to say that I never heard this before :D

So, do you do all DYO? HASL?

How do you agree what to play?

just sort of wondering.

Peace

Roger

Jeffery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"I've never had much use for ready made scenarios"

I don't want to make too much out of that statement, because I've surely played dozens of such scenarios, but certainly no where near as many as tournament players do. The history intrigues me far more than gaming issues like balance, so the perceived problems of DYOs have never troubled me. My favorite way to cook up a scenario is to read about an action which might be suitable, and then select the best boards and forces to recreate it. With my new BtB boards, I'm getting all kinds of ideas. In addition, I enjoy the process of choosing DYO forces. It can lead to plenty of surprises. The "Firefights!" scenarios, with their multiple OBs, possess an element of that.

Also, I am quite keen on HASLs, and campaign games in general

Jeffery