Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
AFV cards, with all chapter H rules, were included in the Deluxe Streets of Fire (German and Russian) and Hedgerow Hell (US) and British AFV cards were sold separately.
However, those cards didn't have a lot of success and players simply look up chapter H.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Slaw is not a condiment. You are in violation of your own dietary laws.
The condiments which should be used with slaw, which, as Oberst von Marwitz is compelled to lecture you, is to be called 'Krautsalat', are salt, pepper, caraway, oil, and vinegar. How this conflicts with the Japanese bicameral legislative body's laws does elude him, admittedly.

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Not helpful and pretty snarky. The term "Historical Notes" is a bit misleading, seeming to indicate interesting background info only. "Special Unit Rules" or something like that might have indicated the need to read them before playing. Perhaps that's just me though.
Well, that wuz Bruce....who's picture is in the dictionary under the entry for "Curmudgeon"

All you gotta do is lose one scenario 'cause you didn't know that HT had an inherent squad or the AAMG could come out at a 50 cal, and you will never forget to look in the Chap H notes again....

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The condiments which should be used with slaw, which, as Oberst von Marwitz is compelled to lecture you, is to be called 'Krautsalat', are salt, pepper, caraway, oil, and vinegar. How this conflicts with the Japanese bicameral legislative body's laws does elude him, admittedly.

von Marwitz
Are the Germans as persnickety about what goes into their Krautsalat as they are about what goes into their bier?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Are the Germans as persnickety about what goes into their Krautsalat as they are about what goes into their bier?
There is no such thing as a Reinheitsgebot für Krautsalat of 1588.
That's probably why many Germans would choose Bier above Krautsalat.

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no such thing as a Reinheitsgebot für Krautsalat of 1588.
That's probably why many Germans would choose Bier above Krautsalat.

von Marwitz
If there is no such edict, why was the good Colonel "compelled" to "lecture" me? I think the Bier is on you when we meet...which I hope we get the chance to do....one day...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If there is no such edict, why was the good Colonel "compelled" to "lecture" me?
With a relenting glance, the Oberst quips:
"Because, my friend, Germans not only know - they know better." :D

I think the Bier is on you when we meet...which I hope we get the chance to do....one day...
It would be my pleasure.

von Marwitz

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think the Bier is on you when we meet...which I hope we get the chance to do....one day...

With a relenting glance, the Oberst quips:
"Because, my friend, Germans not only know - they know better." :D
It would be my pleasure.

von Marwitz
You are going to provide a Funeral????

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where is Ron these days? Don't tell me he doesn't have anything left to say now that he's got AOO...?
There are those who believe that the curmudgeon is still out there, somewhere far away in a distant galaxy. That even now, he still fights for his Dutch trucks. Some believe he might yet appear among us, seeking out his last known relatives in the stars, on a shining planet, known as.... "Earth".

I've not run afoul the dastardly keeper of the dutch truck flames since early 2002, nor his minions (L'il Mo), but there is evidence he was still active occasionally to some point beyond that, another year or so.

Do hope he's in as good of condition as the rest of our battle-worn crowd after so many years pushing cardboard warriors around. :)

KRL, jon H

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ron moved under the radars after AoO came out.
I miss him, as he was one of the "personalities" of the forums.