HIP Fortificacions Setup

FlavioBelisario

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi!

I need some advice. I'm starting a VASL game (ASL135 Acts of Defiance), and i'm not sure what happens with russian units whom setup in HIP fortifications ( beneath Wires or Foxholes). This units start HIP too? I'm thinking in this fortifications like a building fortification, Wire and Foxhole are HIP, but the units beneath them are not. My opponent (the russian player indeed) thinks that this units start HIP too. If he is correct and the units start HIP, when this Wire/Foxhole must be revealed (it's in non concealment terrain and LOS of a german good order unit), this units are revealed? Concealed or not in this case?

Thanks in advance. I don't write english, so i beg your pardon if this text is difficult to understand.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Fortifications start out HIP. They come on board as soon as the other side has LOS to it.

Units in fortifications are not HIP (unless there is an SSR changing that).

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Fortifications start out HIP. They come on board as soon as the other side has LOS to it.

The exception would be units set up in a pillbox. They set up hidden if the pillbox does.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If a Pillbox sets up HIP, so do its contents (B30.7). If the Pillbox loses HIP status, this does not necessarily apply to its contents.

von Marwitz

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

I need some advice. I'm starting a VASL game (ASL135 Acts of Defiance), and i'm not sure what happens with russian units whom setup in HIP fortifications ( beneath Wires or Foxholes). This units start HIP too? I'm thinking in this fortifications like a building fortification, Wire and Foxhole are HIP, but the units beneath them are not. My opponent (the russian player indeed) thinks that this units start HIP too. If he is correct and the units start HIP, when this Wire/Foxhole must be revealed (it's in non concealment terrain and LOS of a german good order unit), this units are revealed? Concealed or not in this case?

Thanks in advance. I don't write english, so i beg your pardon if this text is difficult to understand.
I don’t remember wire or foxholes in Acts of Definance. Hmmm....

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here’s two (I think it’s safe to say) experts playing ‘Acts of Defiance’ for the last ASLOK championship, you can see the scenario card. There are no wire or foxholes. Maybe I’ve been moved to a alternate reality, what the hell is going on?24618

Last edited: