HIP and A-T mines

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setting up AP 62 Shouting Into The Storm and the SSR says I can set up the A-T mines HIP on a road, but when I looked at the rule book I read that A-T mines set up on a road CAN’T be HIP. Of course the SSR take precedence, but am I understanding the rules correctly?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Setting up AP 62 Shouting Into The Storm and the SSR says I can set up the A-T mines HIP on a road, but when I looked at the rule book I read that A-T mines set up on a road CAN’T be HIP. Of course the SSR take precedence, but am I understanding the rules correctly?
Ordinarily AP mines may not set up on *paved* roads & AT mines may not set up HIP on *paved* roads.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In this scenario the A-T mines can set up hidden on paved roads.

"A-T mines may be set up only in a road hex(es), and only on board(s) 10/46; they may not be exchanged for A-P mines or Daisy Chains, but may be set up using HIP and are revealed as Fortifications."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So does "revealed as Fortifications" mean mines are are revealed as mines (which are fortifications after all) or does it mean that mines are revealed as non-mine fortifications?

JR

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So does "revealed as Fortifications" mean mines are are revealed as mines (which are fortifications after all) or does it mean that mines are revealed as non-mine fortifications?

JR
Can you please explain the difference.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

JR
IIRC, the intention is that you see them when you gain LOS to them, since, also IIRC, they will be on paved roads. But it has been awhile since I played this scenario.