Hill 192 VASL Map

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hey Chaps,

does anyone have the above mentioned VASL Map?

tia,

b e n

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
well that's a shame, is it a difficult process or just time consuming or, the horror, a mix of the two?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Guessing...

A) Time consuming
B) He uses official CH artwork with permission from Ray Tapo

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It can be time consuming. I used to work from scans of maps and converted them to Vasl terrain colours by hand drawing them, that was time consuming. Now when I can I get hold of original CH artwork from Ray Tapio and then it doesn't take that much time to create a Vasl map. I always request permission from Ray before I make a Vasl map public - this process of obtaining map files and getting permission to make public can be time consuming as I think now and again the emails get mislaid in the morass of correspondence he receives. Further to the maps though is the creation of a Vasl extension to provide the counters that are needed to play the scenarios in a particular module. This can add further time. Rob Macginley assists me greatly with scans for extension work and used to provide me with scans for map work under the old hand drawn system..

The other source I use is the VATs maps - which are sometimes based on high quality scans of hard copy maps.

With regard to Hill 192 its on my to do list - current projects include Hue and Hill 609. Plus I am awaiting map files from Ray. If i keep getting the raw materials I will keep making the Vasl maps.