High Ground 2 counters

blackbird92

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi

I just sold a copy of High Ground 2 and the purchaser was enquiring about the counters that are listed on the BFP website for this product. As I recall there were no counters included with this module and there is nothing listed on the back of the packaging. I also checked on the Desperation Morale website and there is no mention or photos of any counters there. But just to set my mind at ease I wanted to see if I could get a definitive answer here.

Cheers,
Bill

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Hi

I just sold a copy of High Ground 2 and the purchaser was enquiring about the counters that are listed on the BFP website for this product. As I recall there were no counters included with this module and there is nothing listed on the back of the packaging. I also checked on the Desperation Morale website and there is no mention or photos of any counters there. But just to set my mind at ease I wanted to see if I could get a definitive answer here.

Cheers,
Bill
BFP's HG 2 did not have counters. Compared to HoB's original HG it had 4 SK style maps vs 2 mounted maps and 16 vs 8 scenarios.

What the purchaser may be thinking of is Into The Rubble 2. Like HG2 vs HG, it doubled the map boards and had 20 vs 8 scenarios but also had counters. I looked at BFP's web site and it does say a half sheet each of 1/2" and 5/8" for both HG2 and ITR2. The first BFP module that I got with counters was Operation Cobra. I definitely did not get counters with HG2. A quick look at Boardgamegeek has no mention of counters for HG2.

So unless BFP are throwing in ITR2 counters into HG2 as a 'surprise', I suspect that BFP's HG2 product description page suffered from too enthusiastic cutting and pasting and is in error.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with BFP, only a happy customer.

blackbird92

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
BFP's HG 2 did not have counters. Compared to HoB's original HG it had 4 SK style maps vs 2 mounted maps and 16 vs 8 scenarios.

What the purchaser may be thinking of is Into The Rubble 2. Like HG2 vs HG, it doubled the map boards and had 20 vs 8 scenarios but also had counters. I looked at BFP's web site and it does say a half sheet each of 1/2" and 5/8" for both HG2 and ITR2. The first BFP module that I got with counters was Operation Cobra. I definitely did not get counters with HG2. A quick look at Boardgamegeek has no mention of counters for HG2.

So unless BFP are throwing in ITR2 counters into HG2 as a 'surprise', I suspect that BFP's HG2 product description page suffered from too enthusiastic cutting and pasting and is in error.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with BFP, only a happy customer.
Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought as well.

Cheers,
Bill

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I was looking at the Bounding Fire website and noticed it said that HG2 should have one 1/2 inch and 5/8 inch counter sheets. I checked my copy and it did not say it in contents. I posted in the Bounding Fire group on Facebook and they answered almost immediately noting their mistake. I haven't check but they said they would correct it. I admit I was kind of disappointed as one can never have too many counters. :)