high explosive houses and armor-piercing apartments

kotori87

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I encountered an amusing graphical error today. While my battlecruisers were slugging it out with the brits, I noticed that not all the damage graphics were displaying correctly. My targets were not covered in the usual scorches, craters, and giant jagged holes. Instead, I seemed to be pummeling my opponents with houses, apartments, and factories. I'm not entirely sure how the German gunners managed to fit such ammunition into their guns, but it proved just as capable of destruction as the regular stuff. I almost fell out of my chair when I zoomed in on HMS Indefatigable and saw debris, shattered superstructure, and a London suburb sprouting up on the fantail. There were also a number of apartments and factories stuck in the side of the ship. I took a screenshot once I stopped laughing enough to wipe the tears out of my eyes. Then I told my gunners "whatever it is you're firing, it's blown up two of their battlecruisers already. Find me some more of those armor-piercing apartments, and keep firing!"

And just in case anybody asks, yes I have reported the bug. I just wanted to share the hilarity.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
:D Through anything we have at `em....

But IMO this could be a sign of a overstressed system. Would try lowering the settings and look if it goes away.

Z.

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And just in case anybody asks, yes I have reported the bug. I just wanted to share the hilarity.
Thanks for having a sense of humor about it :). It makes me feel better for laughing myself, even though I feel bad that it happened :clown:

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, everyone. I encountered an amusing graphical error today. While my battlecruisers were slugging it out with the brits, I noticed that not all the damage graphics were displaying correctly. My targets were not covered in the usual scorches, craters, and giant jagged holes. Instead, I seemed to be pummeling my opponents with houses, apartments, and factories. I'm not entirely sure how the German gunners managed to fit such ammunition into their guns, but it proved just as capable of destruction as the regular stuff. I almost fell out of my chair when I zoomed in on HMS Indefatigable and saw debris, shattered superstructure, and a London suburb sprouting up on the fantail. There were also a number of apartments and factories stuck in the side of the ship. I took a screenshot once I stopped laughing enough to wipe the tears out of my eyes. Then I told my gunners "whatever it is you're firing, it's blown up two of their battlecruisers already. Find me some more of those armor-piercing apartments, and keep firing!"

Your graphic settings ae too high for your system.
It cant keep up with the amount of graphic data that you are generating and your overwriting memory as a result.

Jutland is not like a 1st person shooter wher it is only concerned with what is in frame. If is tracking everything in the battles space out to 200 KM.

kotori87

Reaction score
Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
2gb 800mhz ddr memory
nvidia gforce 9800GT 512mb graphics card
terabyte hard drive

I'm playing with 2x AA and 2x anisotropic at 1280x1024 resolution. All other settings are maxed.

Interestingly enough, I didn't have this problem when playing the full Jutland scenario, at higher resolution, on my big-screen TV. I only encountered it this one time. If it happens again, I'll try reducing settings.

Von der Tann

Schlachtkreuzer
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Possibly civilians wanted to contribute more to the war effort than their work and money? Somehow I imagine a speech not unlike that of Churchill after the fall of France 1940, only this time it is the Emperor: "We shall fight them with everything we've got, shells, swords, knives, fists and indeed our very houses and factories!" I wonder what the penetration power of the average German town house would be... :clown:

navysim

Recruit
Reaction score
Everything was thrown at that ship including the "kitchen sink". LOL :clap: