HI! & Whatever happened too.........

Ebble1

Recruit
Reaction score
Hiya People! Hope everyones ok. I'm new to sengo having got my psp in LA a few months back and only just having got home. I just wanna know what happened to all the independent games stores. I remember when I got my first Megadrive from a place called console connections, and there used to be a little video games store in town that had all the latest jap and american games. Now I have to resort to eBay and some dodgy sellers or go to a certain web site and pay full whack for the games! Whatsup with that! :confused:

Luke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey Ebble1 :) welcome to the forum

I guess a combination of economies of scale (huge stores get everything cheaper whereas small local retailers don't have the size to buy in huge bulk etc), and e-commerce; lots of these small shops won't have websites, and so they lose lots of business to companies like ebgames and gamestop (one and the same now if i remember correctly)

Abscels

Reaction score
Welcome!
In your PSP inventory u mention Joey is he JoeyB cuz if he is then that guy is reeeally trying to win that contest! And Luke your contest really inspired people to spread the word!

Ebble1

Recruit
Reaction score
Abscels said:
Welcome!
In your PSP inventory u mention Joey is he JoeyB cuz if he is then that guy is reeeally trying to win that contest! And Luke your contest really inspired people to spread the word!
Thanks for the welcome you guys!
Yeah I meant JoeyB. I thought it was pretty inventive and cool and theres no way I would have the patience for that stuff!
Didn't know there was a contest though! :)

Luke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
2 contests - one to win a PSP, one to win a UMD movie. CHeck out the announcements forum for more.

Oh, and reckon you could shorten your location a little? It's bunching up your postbit and taking up lots of space :p

Ebble1

Recruit
Reaction score
Well thanks very much for the welcome you guys!

Me cool becky.. NAH thats just a vicious rumour circulating the north west!

Ebble1

Recruit
Reaction score
I'm good thanks fella!
Is it me or are there a lot of folks in the nw here?
Hows things in bolton?

DavijoBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ebble1 said:
Hiya People! Hope everyones ok. I'm new to sengo having got my psp in LA a few months back and only just having got home. I just wanna know what happened to all the independent games stores. I remember when I got my first Megadrive from a place called console connections, and there used to be a little video games store in town that had all the latest jap and american games. Now I have to resort to eBay and some dodgy sellers or go to a certain web site and pay full whack for the games! Whatsup with that! :confused:
Hi, welcome !! :D:D