HF 8 Fahrenheit 352 Tactics?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

going to play this on today and what are the tactics people used for bothsides? Looks like the American will get the first shot even though they are defending. Anyway. looks like an interesting scenario that is for sure. Posted are pics of my German set -up.81598160

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans use a fall-back defense. This requires the Americans to use other assets to hammer the K19 building. The FT assets make city stacking dangerous. The Americans can dance of death with them. Something like that.

the best advice is ... roll low.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug beat me to it.....you set the Germans up where the Americans start

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, Bob came by and we both figured out it was incorrect. So I set the Germans up properly this time around. What a freakin game! We went all 6 turns with Bob taking one building but both my 8-1 and 548 with a DC managed to survive two 2MC checks, placed a cx'ed DC on one unit that blew him up, and went into CC with another unit at 1 to 1 odds, Bob fails to kill my dudes and I rolled a 4 and killed his guy to win the game. There was alot more involved but that is the gist of the final part of the scenario. And those hetzers really have a hard time surviving this scenario.

Awesome scenario indeed! attached is my proper set up and Bob's initial attack.8175

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I should also mention that like the scenario Bartodo, there are many ways to both defend and to attack, does the German player have pickets up front to try and slow the Americans down and deny concealment? Do the Americans attack on a wide front? Do they attack on one flank? do they attack on both flanks? Unlike some designers that design scenarios to micro manage your attack and defense, Andy made his scenarios more open ended and gave the players the option on how they will approach each scenario in Hatten. This of course requires a ton of playtesting, beyond a year because of the more far ranging options the attacker and defender have. I really wish other designers would take note of more open ended scenarios instead of cranking out a scenario pack of forgettable scenarios per a year.