Hey Sgt. Rock!

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How ya' doin'? ;-)

After three years away from scenario design (playing Grepolis, a very addictive MMO), I've developed an itch to make some new scenarios/campaigns for Tiller's Nap games, again.

My question to you is: do you have a doc with (in game) march distances from various cities for your Bavaria map in Eckmuhl? I've remember seeing one, and can't remember if you made it or if I did, nor where I may have stored it. hehehe... I'm making a campaign set on that map for 1805 using my 'miniature wargame army style' armies, i.e. I've brought an old miniature collection I had in 25mm using the Empire rule set to Tiller's game engine. :)

So I'll have a French army of 3e and 7e Corps with two cavalry divisions, @ 48,000 (based on 1807), fighting an Austrian column of some 16,000 and a Russian army based on 1807 of some 35,000 comprising the 3-ya diviziya and 7-ya diviziya.

Basically, the Russians will be based from Landshut, the Austrians Moosburg and the French Abensberg. The campaign will allow players to select which routes their armies will march to meet their opponents. I'll set up the encounter scenarios, and follow up battles, and the orders of march/battle. I want to use the above questioned doc to make sure I have my timings for marches, retreats and reinforcements to be close to accurate. ;-)

I'm going back to the days when we all played Napoleonic what-if battles/campaigns instead of strictly historical or alternative ones.

The OOBs are my own thoughts and concepts as will be the battle set ups, the map your stuff and I'll be using the 1805.pdt file. I can count hexes between various cities and towns and make the document, but if it exists already it would save time. The Master oob is ready.

If the concept works well I'll build others. I love this engine and being able to mod with it.

Thanks for all your work to bring it to us. Hope all is well.

Al Amos

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let the counting begin!

Route #1 - Abensberg to Klosten Seligenthal (suburb of Landshut) via Rottenburg 472 hexes mostly by pike. Roughly 12 hours of in-game marching. (10 minute turns, 1 turn of rest per hour, wagon rate.) One day forced marching or up to three days slow marching. hehehe....

Route #2 - Abensberg to Klosten Seligenthal (suburb of Landshut) via Pfeffenhausen 440 hexes by pike. 11 hours of in-game marching. (10 minute turns, 1 turn of rest per hour, wagon rate.) One day forced marching or up to three days slow marching. This is fun! ;-)

Last edited:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Al! I was just thinking about you the other day. Wondering how you were doing and so on. Mainly because I was reading something on the Mexican-American War (forget what it was now ...).

No, I don't ever remember making such a list but my memory is waning over the last 14 years of basically building all of those games. If you remember it I believe you but I am not sure where I would find the list.

Your scenarios were a lot of fun to look over. I never got into one with anyone else (mainly because I couldn't find an opponent or got into so many other ones ... oh well...).

Hard at work on my last Napoleonic title for John Tiller in the series. I still have a bunch of work to do on it so not sure when it will be ready.

Private message me with your current email so we can get in touch. I have a new game design concept I am working on and it will involve a lot of good things that we all wanted in our games.

Hope you, your wife and family are doing well in 2015!