Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I can't remember what is the industry standard in such cases:

Board 37 has at least two hexes (F9 and L7 on my copy of the map) where the woods (light jungle in my game) extend right up to the hexside. When drawing LOS along such hexsides, is the LOS considered blocked as per inherent terrain, or open since obstacle is not visible on both sides of the thread. I have been assuming the latter. Thanks!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I can't remember what is the industry standard in such cases:

Board 37 has at least two hexes (F9 and L7 on my copy of the map) where the woods (light jungle in my game) extend right up to the hexside. When drawing LOS along such hexsides, is the LOS considered blocked as per inherent terrain, or open since obstacle is not visible on both sides of the thread. I have been assuming the latter. Thanks!
I would say "open since obstacle is not visible on both sides of the thread", as per A6.1.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Only inherent terrain blocks LOS if the thread touches. Non-inherent terrain has to be visible on both sides of the LOS thread. If the non-inherent terrain extends slightly into the adjacent hex (this happens more frequently with older boards) it still counts as terrain depiction that can block LOS. Inherent terrain that extends into the adjacent hex (typically rubble) does not block LOS as long as the LOS does not touch the hex itself.

JR