Hexdraw ASL library files

Mustang2.0

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where can one download the ASL library files for Hexdraw?
Is there any way to "unpack" the file so to use elements individually?

If not is there any sort of graphics library for ASL type terrain and buildings?
What do you map makers use?

I'm trying to start my hand at making maps with Hexdraw but it doesn't handle every situation, so was think to start in HD then finish in another graphics app.
Thanks.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Where can one download the ASL library files for Hexdraw?
Is there any way to "unpack" the file so to use elements individually?

If not is there any sort of graphics library for ASL type terrain and buildings?
What do you map makers use?

I'm trying to start my hand at making maps with Hexdraw but it doesn't handle every situation, so was think to start in HD then finish in another graphics app.
Thanks.
I'm not aware of a 'library' of ASL graphics outside of what is included with HD. I think most users create their own, or crib from the VASL files.

I pretty much do everything is HD, so I'm curious what situation(s) you need to use other programs.

Mustang2.0

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think most users create their own
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to find. Figured a lot of work was already done and hope to build on it.
The "situation" is basically that I've put years into learning the Adobe suite of professional level products so want to use it and hopefully not have to go through another learning curve (not a knock on HD hope you understand).

You can get them from my GitHub site:
Thanks!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to find. Figured a lot of work was already done and hope to build on it.
The "situation" is basically that I've put years into learning the Adobe suite of professional level products so want to use it and hopefully not have to go through another learning curve (not a knock on HD hope you understand).

Thanks!
I held off on HD for a long time as I was proficient with the program I had. But it was only good for VASL quality output and I wanted to up my game. Once I started using HD I was kicking myself for waiting so long - it is so easy and the results are excellent. After a false start with my building graphics I've now got some great stuff to use. I guess I should check into GitHub or DropBox to make my stuff accessible.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Don,

It looks like you've found a solution to the "off by one" hex address issue. How did you do that?

Alan
Alan,

I had to make a change in the global settings I believe. If you open up one of my templates there is a way off the menu system to set the starting point hex stuff and (its been a few years) I believe I set the off set to a -1 or -2 or something like that.

All I ask is that if you do use any of my templates for any starting point just give a tiny tip in my direction (hate to even ask this cause I don't want to sound vain but I did spend a lot of hours on creating the templates, but in reality, I 'cheated' a bit by painstakingly going back and forth from VASL maps to get their colors to use in my templates, so perhaps it all comes out in the wash).

I hope these help, I am in no way a creative artist such as Alan for example, but I can run a mean technical skinny on software, lol.

Cheers.