Hex grid overlay

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm looking for an hexagon grid file of some kind that I could overlay over some map image files using photoshop. Anyone has any idea if such file exists?

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks a lot Sib,
funny to see that this site hasnt been updated since August 1999! :D

JMS

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
And then remember to switch it back when you finish!!!

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
JMS said:
And then remember to switch it back when you finish!!!
Muchas gracias José

Thanks for the links you sent me, I hope to begin 1st PBEM testings ( no PO at this stage) within one month.

I will post here the OOB & TO&E of French and German army related to TOAW.

I got some bad technical decision by instance put Rafale instead of Eurofighter as the later is not in ACOW database :(
Sad too not to find the Füchs transport vehicle, I took the MG wheeled transport !. I replace too the Peugeot P4 by Jeep same for the WOLF
but more or less it will be an accurate OOB

As French Army still not have Rafale deployed It seems for me the more accurate choice.

Der WanderScenarist

JMS

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hope they helped.

There are currently a grand total of 2 production Eurofighters, mainly capable for Air-to-Air, and most of their armament is still in the design stage (namely IRIS-T and Meteor) so I wouldn't factor them in the short term, unless you go to an alternate reality were Europe perceives a greater menace. It is my understanding that Rafale is also entering production, specially the M variant which is urgently needed.

"Initial service deliveries of the Rafale M were in December 2001, with the first Aeronavale Rafale M squadron fully operational, on the CHARLES DE GAULLE, in the summer of 2002. As with the EuroFighter, the Rafale is going into service in a phased fashion"

http://www.vectorsite.net/avrafa.html

A Jeep is a jeep be it a Land Rover, a P4, a Wolf or a Humvee, in my opinion, unless it is armored and armed with a MG.

Last edited:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
JMS said:
Hope they helped.

There are currently a grand total of 2 production Eurofighters, mainly capable for Air-to-Air, and most of their armament is still in the design stage (namely IRIS-T and Meteor) so I wouldn't factor them in the short term, unless you go to an alternate reality were Europe perceives a greater menace. It is my understanding that Rafale is also entering production, specially the M variant which is urgently needed.

"Initial service deliveries of the Rafale M were in December 2001, with the first Aeronavale Rafale M squadron fully operational, on the CHARLES DE GAULLE, in the summer of 2002. As with the EuroFighter, the Rafale is going into service in a phased fashion"

http://www.vectorsite.net/avrafa.html

A Jeep is a jeep be it a Land Rover, a P4, a Wolf or a Humvee, in my opinion, unless it is armored and armed with a MG.
There is too light armored humvee -> light Armored trucks for ACOW, I think in this case to the light armored Humvee 1 1/4t

Concerning Eurofighter, if you go to the Luftwaffe Web you will see that some Jagdstaffeln are still existing and equiped.
see http://www.luftwaffe.de/lwdenew/lwbas.nsf/vwContentFrame/W25J2BC6435LWAADE

For French forces 6 rafale only deliverd at now to French navy and 2 to Air force and they are training 2 seats one !!!!!

If you read French I will send you link to the Army Comitee of the French Parliamant

Der WanderBuilder

JMS

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Last edited:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
JMS said:
Those are the wings that are going to be equipped with the Eurofighter.

The first german production aircraft was officially delivered in August:

http://www.eurofighter.com/News/Article/default.asp?NewsItemID=148

The first Spanish one was delivered yesterday. It is likely that it will be displayed this sunday in public in the forthcoming Columbus (for Americans) day.

LOL! you can even fly one!:

http://www.eurofighter.com/Interactive/BlueSkyOne/

You are right
in 2010 eurofighter will be fully equipiing Geschwader 71, 73, 74

Now
Gschw 71 & 74 are equiped with Phantom II
Gschw 73 with mig 29

All other Gschw 31 32 33 38 51 are equiped with Tornados

Der WanderOOBreader

JMS

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
jlbetin said:
You are right
in 2010 eurofighter will be fully equipiing Geschwader 71, 73, 74

Now
Gschw 71 & 74 are equiped with Phantom II
Gschw 73 with mig 29

All other Gschw 31 32 33 38 51 are equiped with Tornados

Der WanderOOBreader
I think I read in last month's Air Forces Monthly that Germans MiGs were going to be/were sold to Poland for 1 Euro, as JG73 is to start training with Eurofighter. IIRC that gives Poland 80 MiG-29s or so, a nice fleet.

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
JMS said:
I think I read in last month's Air Forces Monthly that Germans MiGs were going to be/were sold to Poland for 1 Euro, as JG73 is to start training with Eurofighter. IIRC that gives Poland 80 MiG-29s or so, a nice fleet.
On luftwaffe.de, it is told that the move to Eurofighter must be done for years 2002 "Ab dem Jahr 2002 wird die MiG 29 durch den Eurofighter abgelöst.".

German have/had 20 M29A and 4 2 seats M29UB training ones.

So it is under way

Der WanderJäger

Last edited:

JMS

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Good, it means I can still remember things!!!! :nuts: