Hex Control??

csosus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played PBP13 "Marked for Death" yesterday. We need clarification on who won. I played the Germans and I had control of the victory hex until the last turn when my opponent moved an AC (in motion) into the hex. In the last turn I managed to shock that AC and then advance into the hex with an Hero. According to v1 rules (A26.11) a hex is controlled by good order MMC or a vehicle can control only if the hex does not contain an armed enemy unit (my hero). This is clear, I win. BUT, the v2 rules are not as clear (I don't have v2, but my opponent does). can a SHOCKED vehicle control a hex? Is a shocked vehicle considered GOOD ORDER with functioning MA? At game end he has a shocked AC (motion) in the victory hex, I have an Hero.( I shocked the AC in the last PFP) He had control of the hex until I advanced my hero into it. Who controls the hex????

Thanks in advance
Cory

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
csosus said:
BUT, the v2 rules are not as clear (I don't have v2, but my opponent does). can a SHOCKED vehicle control a hex?
IMO, the v2 rules are clear.
ASLRBv2 said:
26.12 VEHICULAR CONTROL: An armed, non-bypassing vehicle temporarily gains Control of the Location it presently occupies if that Location is devoid of armed enemy units. Control immediatly reverts to its prior status (either un-Controlled or enemy-Controlled) if the vehicle leaves the Location. A vehicle which Controls the only Location in a Hex also Controls that hex.
Now, based on what you have said, your opponant gained control with the vehicle, then you moved into the hex. But, the rule says that the vehicle controls the location (and therefor hex) until it leaves [as an aside, I would suggest that "leaves" includes "is destroyed"]. The vehicle is Shocked, but it has not left the hex and still controls it.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using v2 rules:

It sounds like your opponent won. The AC would have gained control of the Location the moment it entered it (I'm assuming it was unoccupied by your units when he entered it). The Hero can't gain control anyway, because he is not an MMC. The AC, though Shocked, is still considered Armed and would thus retain control of the Location.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Brian and Chas have already answered the main question. I'd like to answer the detail questions though.
csosus said:
Can a SHOCKED vehicle control a hex?
Yes. The rules require an Armed vehicle, and a Shocked vehicle is still armed.

Is a shocked vehicle considered GOOD ORDER with functioning MA?
No, it is not Good Order, but while the control rules require a Good Order MMC, it only require an Armed vehicle, which this one is.